Windows 10: BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

Discus and support BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I am making a set of small assumptions around BitLocker here. So feel free to point and laugh if I have got it all wrong. I recently turned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOTA_Satellite, Sep 12, 2020.

1. BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

Hi All,

I am making a set of small assumptions around BitLocker here. So feel free to point and laugh if I have got it all wrong.

I recently turned BitLocker on for all my drives and selected my Microsoft account as my recovery key location.

My BitLocker manager within Windows indicated that Encryption is done and all drives have BitLocker turned "ON".

However, I noticed that within my Microsoft Account Manager on the browser, all three drives have my BitLocker status as "OFF".

Assuming the "OFF" is an indicator as to if BitLocker is enabled or disabled, why do I have an "ON" status within Windows and "OFF" on my Microsoft account?

BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF" 0064cc35-69f1-476f-a88c-520681054290?upload=true.png

:)

JOTA_Satellite, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

BitLocker Status question?

Hello Win10Freak, BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF" :)

Here's what the status will show for used disk space only.

BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF" [​IMG]

Brink, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Bitlocker status when suspended?

Hello,

IMO, the BitLocker won't suspend itself unless you command Windows to do so.

If it is showing ON status atm, I believe the data on stolen system is still encrypted and safe.

I hope you've reported this to local police so that they may track your laptop and help you to get it back asap.

Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 12, 2020
  4. BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

BitLocker Status question?

Hi guys,

I read this great tutorial posted here.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to encrypt the ENTIRE drive instead of the used disk space only.

My question is, what would the MANAGE-BDE -STATUS show under Conversion Status if I would of had selected the option to encrypt USED Disk Space Only?
    Would it still show as FULLY ENCRYPTED?

Any examples please would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

win10freak, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

1. BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF" - Similar Threads - BitLocker status Account

2. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker status is incorrect: I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find...
  3. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker status is incorrect: I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find...
  4. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. airplane mode on and off status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    airplane mode on and off status: The airplane mode keeps on turning off then few seconds it will turn on however my network will take some time to reconnect back. It slows my productivity. I have Lenovo laptop with Windows 10....
  6. User Account Status

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Status: I Changed My User Status To Device Owner And Now I Am Unable To Access Through The Other User And I Have Also Lost Some Of My Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-status/62f30e1b-8c89-44dd-89b9-89ffd2aacb21
  7. Bitlocker status when suspended?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker status when suspended?: This might sound a bit silly, but bear with me. I have bitlocker installed on my laptop, which was stolen yesterday. There was an issue the other month where for some reason bitlocker suspended itself and I had to manually restart it. If I go to my devices on the...
  8. New SSD Bitlocker status shows Hardware Encryption

New SSD Bitlocker status shows Hardware Encryption: Just got a new SSD and very impressed. I enabled Bitlocker and the Manage-bed status shows that Bitlocker is using hardware encryption. Why is this? SSD is a Crucial MX500 2.5 inch and the box does not even state that it’s a encrypted SSD. I am so confused. Should I leave...
  9. BitLocker status says suspended?

BitLocker status says suspended?: So, I was checking the status of my devices and it said that BitLocker was suspended on my laptop PC... which doesn't make sense because it's not suspended?...
  10. BitLocker Status question?

BitLocker Status question?: Hi guys, I read this great tutorial posted here. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to encrypt the ENTIRE drive instead of the used disk space only. My question is, what would the MANAGE-BDE -STATUS show under...