Windows 10: BitLocker Status question?

Discus and support BitLocker Status question? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, I read this great tutorial posted here. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Apr 15, 2016.

1. BitLocker Status question?

Hi guys,

I read this great tutorial posted here.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to encrypt the ENTIRE drive instead of the used disk space only.

My question is, what would the MANAGE-BDE -STATUS show under Conversion Status if I would of had selected the option to encrypt USED Disk Space Only?
    Would it still show as FULLY ENCRYPTED?

Any examples please would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Apr 15, 2016
  2. Markg2 Win User

Can completely get rid of/delete/be gone with/no remaining footprint/outta here without negative consequences BitLocker Win 10?

I've attempted to flash a necessary third party BIOS (Middleton) to a Lenovo T61

1) Existing, OEM mechanical drive and Win7: Middleton error 99 (179)--disable Bitlocker

2) Existing drive Win 10: Middleton error 99 (179)--disable Bitlocker

3) Clean SSD, clean Win 10: Middleton error 99 (179)--disable Bitlocker

I have never used Bitlocker on any machine let alone the T61.

The current Services status of BDESVC (Bitlocker Drive Encryption Service) is 'Stopped'. There is no more definitive off status available.

The only alternative that logically exists is, using a specific tool to remove Bitlocker from the OS but that effort would have to be 100% clean and not have unintended consequences.

Any ideas?

Mark

Markg2, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Eric Sho Win User
    Do I have hard drive encryption on my machine. How do I check

Hi Marty.

If you're currently using Windows 10 Pro, you can check the drive encrypt status by using BitLocker.

On Control Panel (Change view by to Large Icons), click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

If you have enabled Drive Encryption, it should say that "Bitlocker is turned on on this drive, or similar words"

Eric Sho, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

BitLocker Status question?

Hello Win10Freak, *Smile

Here's what the status will show for used disk space only.

BitLocker Status question? [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

BitLocker Status question?

1. BitLocker Status question? - Similar Threads - BitLocker Status question

2. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker status is incorrect: I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find...
  3. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker status is incorrect: I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find...
  4. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker question: I have Windows 10 Pro on one computer. Can I encrypt/decrypt different hard drives (with separate installations) interchangably using the same device? submitted by /u/kfucgsojfjdjfjjf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2zg7q/bitlocker_question/
  6. BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF": Hi All, I am making a set of small assumptions around BitLocker here. So feel free to point and laugh if I have got it all wrong. I recently turned BitLocker on for all my drives and selected my Microsoft account as my recovery key location. My BitLocker manager within...
  7. BitLocker questions

BitLocker questions: I saved my BitLocker recovery key to my USB flash drive and it has the usual Recovery TXT file, but when I unhide the System files in File Explorer, it shows also the BEK file which is a hidden file. I got a new USB flash drive and need to transfer all the data from my...
  8. BitLocker Question

BitLocker Question: Hello, I understand BitLocker encrypts the data on your hard drive. My questions is: ig someone hack's your laptop will they be able to access your files/data? A scenario would be when using the laptop over public wi-fi WITH a quality VPN enabled. BitLocker appears to...
  9. BitLocker questions

BitLocker questions: Hi, sorry for my poor English. I just realised that my HDD was Encrypted with BitLocker and I did not knew that. Rather I had no Key to access files in case of a failure were I could not boot any longer. How do I access my Data in case I can not Boot the PC and I have...
  10. BitLocker questions

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker questions: I'm thinking of using BitLocker, but I need to know a few things first. 1. I use two partitions, one for the OS (and installed programs) and another for Documents. 2. I know that I'll have to format the OS drive and re-install Windows at some point in the future...
Tags: