Windows 10: Bitlocker stops OneDrive starting

Discus and support Bitlocker stops OneDrive starting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a data part that is protected by Bitlocker which is also where my OneDrive now resides OneDrive throws an error as it tries to start before the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by robgr, Jun 1, 2020.

1. robgr Win User

Bitlocker stops OneDrive starting

I have a data part that is protected by Bitlocker which is also where my OneDrive now resides
    OneDrive throws an error as it tries to start before the data part is unlocked
    Ideally OneDrive would realise this and just wait without error for the drive to become unlocked
    Is there any way round this?
    The best I can find so far is to disable OneDrive from starting automatically then when the part is ready start OneDrive (PITA)
    Any ideas?

:)

robgr, Jun 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Onedrive and bitlocker

I have been using onedrive and onedrive for business satisfactorily for many years. I turned on bitlocker encryption yesterday evening on my Lenovo X230 (running W10 pro, 1709, build 16299.371) This morning
    onedrive for business is running perfectly but onedrive personal starts and then stops.

My onedrive system appears to fail to sign in.

Any one any ideas of a fix?

I am currently decrypting the drive (bitlocker now turned off) to see if that will fix matters.

Dai Edwards, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Bitlocker stops OneDrive starting

Windows 10 - OneDrive

W10Privacy utility. Option to permanently stop OneDrive from starting up.

lemonadesoda, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker stops OneDrive starting

1. Bitlocker stops OneDrive starting - Similar Threads - Bitlocker stops OneDrive

2. Can't start Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start Bitlocker: Bought a new laptop and when trying to activate Bitlocker it says, "Bitlocker couldn't contact the domain. Ensure that you are connected to the network or contact your system administrator."This is for a small business and we don't put laptops on our domain....
  3. stop OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop OneDrive: I have already unlinked my computer Lenovo Windows 11 but when I create a new folder it is still created within the OneDrive structure on my c drive. When I try to copy the files and/or folders, I am prevented from doing so.How do I stop OneDrive from controlling my computer?...
  4. stop OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop OneDrive: I have already unlinked my computer Lenovo Windows 11 but when I create a new folder it is still created within the OneDrive structure on my c drive. When I try to copy the files and/or folders, I am prevented from doing so.How do I stop OneDrive from controlling my computer?...
  5. BitLocker Causing Problem with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker Causing Problem with OneDrive: I have a problem with the OneDrive "Free Up Space" command that I believe is due to BitLocker. Let me describe the problem and then discuss what I have discovered. All of my master files reside on my X:/ drive and it is protected by BitLocker. Periodically, I will make a...
  6. Bitlocker Key is not updated in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key is not updated in OneDrive: I have tried to retrieve my bitlocker recovery key through several methods:1 Going to OneDrive and look for the bitlocker recovery key under my device name.2 Using cmd with command manage-bde -protectors C: -get3 Going to Control Panel > System and Security > Device...
  7. Stopping OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stopping OneDrive: Finally upgraded to Windows 10 and OneDrive is driving me mad. I have stopped syncing via the app which I can no longer even find and discovered I think how to stop Office files automatically saving to OneDrive. My issue now is that OneDrive appears in my file path for...
  8. How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method: I have created a simple solution for me to stop and start OneDrive Syncing by using the Windows Task Scheduler. I have created a basic task to start OneDrive with the following: Task Name: Start OneDrive Trigger: Daily Scheduling: Your prefered start time (enter the date...
  9. Stopping OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping OneDrive: How do I stop OneDrive from backing up my computer. I cannot use my own backup drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-onedrive/8db01a51-f6a7-4bbf-8acd-019fc5b8e55e
  10. Unable to start bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to start bitlocker: Background Due to the deleting bug, I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer. I had it before with Bitlocker but now I cannot enable it at all. After reinstallation, I installed Linux in a separate drive and dual boot works fine (it was also working fine before...