Windows 10: Bitlocker stuck decrypting

Discus and support Bitlocker stuck decrypting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RenR17, Mar 10, 2020.

1. RenR17 Win User

Bitlocker stuck decrypting

i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend or pause option in bitlocker manager. I have tried manage bde in CMD and when i try to pause it just sits there for days. i can access the data but it takes a while to show the files. I need this fixed as i have tried everything and i need to copy the data to a bigger 4Tb drive... What can i do to get this to finish to pause it or anything at this point???

:)

RenR17, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

BitLocker stuck

Hi Tamnu,

Your concern is more complex than what is typically answered here in Microsoft Answers forums. We suggest to post this query in our
    TechNet Forums, where the audience are more inclined when it comes to this type of topic.

You may also check out this thread from the TechNet Forums, as it has an answer to a similar concern like yours:

If you have further queries, don't hesitate to contact us.

Ralph Sta, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Decryption stucked at 99.9%, how to resolve it?

I was trying to encrypt my external data drive using Bitlocker, But it was stucked at 24.8%. I kept my pc on for whole night but encryption process was not successful. Then i removed the external hardisk.

Every time i connect the harddisk, bitlocker encryption dialogue box pop up and were always at 24.8%.

After so many try, I found the CMD command

manage-bde -off drive:

This command has ended the encryption process and started the decryption proecess.

Now, the problem is that this decryption process is stucked at 99.9%. It is not showing any progress, What to do?

Sachin_Almighty, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Bitlocker stuck decrypting

Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker stuck decrypting

1. Bitlocker stuck decrypting - Similar Threads - Bitlocker stuck decrypting

2. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  3. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  4. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  7. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d
  8. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d
  9. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Decryption Stuck: Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD utilization sits at 100%. I have tried restarting. I have tried disabling TPM in the BIOS as was suggested in another thread....
  10. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: Volume F: [MEDIA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker decryption stuck

2. decryption of bitlocker stuck at 99.9%

3. manage-bde stuck decryption in progress

4. bitlocker stops at 99.9,
  5. bitlocker decryption stuck software,
  6. bitlocker stuck at 99.9