Windows 10: Bitlocker Stuck in Loop

Discus and support Bitlocker Stuck in Loop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 which is stuck in a bitlocker reovery loop. When asked for the revovery key I enter it and it simply asks me again. To break... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Flyfloat, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Flyfloat Win User

Bitlocker Stuck in Loop

I have a Surface Book 2 which is stuck in a bitlocker reovery loop. When asked for the revovery key I enter it and it simply asks me again. To break the loop I do the following: Skip this drive : Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt
    1. Manage-bde -status c:
    2. Manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <recovery-key>
    3. Manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    I then find I can access the laptop and suspend Bitlocker. However on the next restart if Bitlocker is re-engaged the process starts all over again. I need advice on what I need to do to keep Bitlocker enabled and working but allow me to switch on and login without the drama of having to write the command lines to break the cycle.

Thanks in advance

FF

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name JPSURFACE
    System Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Model Surface Book 2
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU Surface_Book_1832
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2112 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Microsoft Corporation 389.2706.768, 18/04/2019
    SMBIOS Version 3.1

:)

Flyfloat, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 9, 2019
  3. BitLocker permanent loop

Hi, my tablet is running Windows 10. During restart yesterday it started configuring, presumably after a new update on wifi. At about 30% I got the blue screen asking for the BitLocker recovery key. When I finally retrieved it and entered it, it unlocked
    and gave me another blue screen recommending a restart. I restarted and was landed back at the blue screen asking for the BitLocker key. I re-entered it and chose the advanced settings and chose "exit and return to Windows" This also sent me back to the blue
    screen looking for the BitLocker. It seems to be stuck in a loop. Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix it please?

Duplicate Thread:

Link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ent-loop/202251bd-bd5f-4ed5-8a0a-04b3c64d07ab

Title:

BitLocker Permanent Loop

Content:

Hi, my tablet is stuck in a permanent loop with BitLocker. Whenever I put in the recovery key it begins to restart, then asks for the recovery key again. I've tried using the command prompt to unlock it, but it keeps giving me an error message about there
    being an error while trying to retrieve the key from the disk. I'm currently travelling alone in Asia and this tablet is how I book all of my flights and accommodation and so on. Bringing it to a technician is not an option. I'm counting on help from you
    guys!

Thanks,

Laura

LauraNiMhaoileoin, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Bitlocker Stuck in Loop

BitLocker stuck

Hi Tamnu,

Your concern is more complex than what is typically answered here in Microsoft Answers forums. We suggest to post this query in our
    TechNet Forums, where the audience are more inclined when it comes to this type of topic.

You may also check out this thread from the TechNet Forums, as it has an answer to a similar concern like yours:

If you have further queries, don't hesitate to contact us.

Ralph Sta, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Stuck in Loop

1. Bitlocker Stuck in Loop - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Stuck Loop

2. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  3. Bitlocker stuck on recovery loop, can't access windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker stuck on recovery loop, can't access windows.: I upgraded a windows 10 Dell to windows 11 and then went to wipe everything. It now boots to the Bitlocker recovery screen, asking for a key that I never made.Pressing esc or fn11 for more recovery options restarts the computer, making it boot to Bitlocker again. I cannot get...
  4. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop: I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker recovery key screen. I found the key and entered it and still could not diagnose and fix the problem. I went to the...
  5. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop: I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker recovery key screen. I found the key and entered it and still could not diagnose and fix the problem. I went to the...
  6. Bitlocker Loop

Bitlocker Loop: I opened my Surface Pro 4 today to a Bitlocker screen. I found the recovery key but my laptop 'failed to start correctly' so Bitlocker asked me to restart. When I restarted from Bitlocker I was taken straight back to Bitlocker to enter the recovery key again. The loop seems...
  7. Bitlocker Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker Loop: I opened my Surface Pro 4 today to a Bitlocker screen. I found the recovery key but my laptop 'failed to start correctly' so Bitlocker asked me to restart. When I restarted from Bitlocker I was taken straight back to Bitlocker to enter the recovery key again. The loop seems...
  8. Bitlocker Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bitlocker loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker loop?: I had my laptop recently repaired, when setting up again it asked for a bit key which I have. Upon entering everything was perfect until I tried to update windows, I am now stuck in a boot loop with bitlocker. I am unable to even erase my files and start again as there is no...
  10. Bitlocker - Loop / Stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker - Loop / Stuck: Dear community, I have a problem regarding my "Dell Inspiron 7773". A little over a month ago, my computer out of nowhere shut-down. After restarting it, it asked for my bit-locker key, which i never got / saved because: 1. I didn't know there was such thing as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

2. bitlocker loop

3. bitlocker infinite loop

4. bitlocker caught in cycle