Windows 10: Bitlocker Stuck on 97.2% and not finish the encryption of my external hard disk WD can not...

Discus and support Bitlocker Stuck on 97.2% and not finish the encryption of my external hard disk WD can not... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day, my problem: 1. I plug my external Hard Drive 1TB WD. 2. I started to activate BitLocker on it. 3. Process is stucked in 97.2% and does... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SylarX_, Apr 14, 2021.

1. SylarX_ Win User

Bitlocker Stuck on 97.2% and not finish the encryption of my external hard disk WD can not...

Good day, my problem:

1. I plug my external Hard Drive 1TB WD.

2. I started to activate BitLocker on it.

3. Process is stucked in 97.2% and does not finish:

Bitlocker Stuck on 97.2% and not finish the encryption of my external hard disk WD can not... 8414e780-2f39-4cd7-9a6c-7f3387fcd8e0?upload=true.png

4. When I hit on [Pause] button Windows 10 crush, and can not do anything till I unplug the hard drive or force to restart with power button on the laptop.

5. When I plug the external Hard Disk a window open, so I see that all the files and folders are there, when I try to access to any file the windows got error and change name to "Folder name" Does nor answer

I also try on otrher USB ports, other PCs, to stop the process on BitLocker Manager, and dont work.

Please need help to finish the process or to eliminate process, because I can not get access to my hard drive.

:)

SylarX_, Apr 14, 2021
  2. rab2015 Win User

After upgrade to Windows 10, external hard disk encypted by BitLocker

Almost 4 weeks ago I upgraded the OS of my Asus from Win8 to Win10.

Before the upgrade, my external hard disk (WD My Passport Ultra) was properly working.

After the upgrade, the first time I connected it to my computer, the system automatically encrypted the hard disk with a BitLocker Key.

I have no idea where to find the BitLocker key for my external hard disk and have no longer access to my data.

Tried to connect it to another computer, but still asking for the BitLocker Key.

What to do?

rab2015, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Encryption of my external hard disk stuck at 36.6%. Data is accessible and no other issues but what is wrong with encryption?

Hi

I own a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop. Recently I had upgraded to Windows Pro and tried to encrypt my 1 TB External Hard Disk with Bitlocker. All went smoothly till the encryption reached 36.6%, after that it has been stuck. No Encryption is not paused/hanged, Data
    is not corrupt easily accessible.

No other issues. I had tried decrypting and using chkdsk to find and repair any bad sectors but without any success. Windows chkdsk shows no bad sectors in the drive.

Please help

BikashSamanta, Apr 14, 2021
  4. michael Win User

Bitlocker Stuck on 97.2% and not finish the encryption of my external hard disk WD can not...

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlocker Stuck on 97.2% and not finish the encryption of my external hard disk WD can not... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Stuck finish

2. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  3. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  4. Backup to external hard drive stuck at 97%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup to external hard drive stuck at 97%: Hello,I'm trying to backup to an external hard drive but it keeps getting stuck at 97%. I've installed all Windows updates, done a clean boot of my PC and scanned the disc for errors none found. I have plenty of space on my hard drive. Any assistance you can provide in...
  5. Backup to external hard drive stuck at 97%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup to external hard drive stuck at 97%: Hello,I'm trying to backup to an external hard drive but it keeps getting stuck at 97%. I've installed all Windows updates, done a clean boot of my PC and scanned the disc for errors none found. I have plenty of space on my hard drive. Any assistance you can provide in...
  6. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?: Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?So far I can NOT image the external hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-external-hard-drive-that-is-bitlocker/a25432e8-e230-481a-a67d-2d13c1260f17
  7. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?: Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?So far I can NOT image the external hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-external-hard-drive-that-is-bitlocker/a25432e8-e230-481a-a67d-2d13c1260f17
  8. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. External hard disk encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard disk encryption: Hello I have an encrypted seagate external hard disk by bitlocker. couple of weeks ago my window 10 updated and it's showing error password is incorrect , even though I have not changed it. I have tried recovery key it says same for it. Have tried installing and...
  10. Bitlocker Encryption of my external hard disk stuck at 36.6%. Data is accessible and no...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Encryption of my external hard disk stuck at 36.6%. Data is accessible and no...: Hi I own a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop. Recently I had upgraded to Windows Pro and tried to encrypt my 1 TB External Hard Disk with Bitlocker. All went smoothly till the encryption reached 36.6%, after that it has been stuck. No Encryption is not paused/hanged, Data is not...