Windows 10: Bitlocker Suspended - Wizard Initiation Fails when Attempting to Resume

Discus and support Bitlocker Suspended - Wizard Initiation Fails when Attempting to Resume in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro and have Bitlocker activated on my computer for many months. I have (3) drives (C, D E) that were all encrypted with Bitlocker. C... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abracadabra11, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Bitlocker Suspended - Wizard Initiation Fails when Attempting to Resume

I have Windows 10 Pro and have Bitlocker activated on my computer for many months. I have (3) drives (C, D E) that were all encrypted with Bitlocker. C is the main Windows installation and boot drive. Recently, I received a prompt that showed that Bitlocker encryption was suspended on C. The other drives remain encrypted.

When I attempt to resume encryption, the following error is generated:

Bitlocker Drive Encryption Error

Wizard Initiation has failed.

The system cannot find the file specified.

Two questions:

1. How do I go about reenabling encryption for C?

2. Why was Bitlocker disabled?

:)

abracadabra11, Sep 11, 2019

2. Bitlocker Drive Encyption Error

I suspended Bitlocker and then attempted to Resume protections and now I have an error message the states

Wizard initialization has failed.

A compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) security device cannot be found on this computer.

Not sure what this means

Dennis1961, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Fairsider Win User
    Bitlocker on C: suspended after Windows Update Windows 10 1903 2019-07

After installing the above updates on July 10 2019, Bitlocker on the C: drive was suspended, and I receive an error message when I try to resume "Wizard Initialization has Failed - An internal error was detected".

I'm running W10 Pro.

Any thoughts as to how to get it working again? It is still functioning on other drives, but not the system drive on my PC

Thanks!

Fairsider, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Bitlocker Suspended - Wizard Initiation Fails when Attempting to Resume

Windows 10 BitLocker suspend protection triggers an immediate resume

I have two internal hard drives in my laptop that are encrypted using BitLocker and I am trying to install a new Dell BIOS update that requires suspending BitLocker. Unfortunately, when I suspend BitLocker through the Control Panel or PowerShell, it suspends
    for less than 1 second and then immediately resumes. I have poked around in various forums and Windows Group Policies but I cannot find anyone else reporting this problem much less instructions on how to rectify the problem. Dell Support was completely unhelpful...

rhpatrick00, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Suspended - Wizard Initiation Fails when Attempting to Resume

1. Bitlocker Suspended - Wizard Initiation Fails when Attempting to Resume - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Suspended Wizard

2. Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it: This happens to many hundreds of our enterprise devices every month, after a cumulative update is installed on Windows. Bitlocker becomes suspended for multiple reboots. Ultimately, I'd like to solve the root of the problem by eliminating the suspension over several reboots....
  3. How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10: [ATTACH]BitLocker security software created by Microsoft is based on next-generation secure computing architecture. It is encrypted for all devices whether portable or non-portable to prevent third-party intrusion while working on the device. It is used by many organizations...
  4. Unable to resume suspended process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to resume suspended process: Hello, I'm unable to resume a suspended process. When I try with resource monitor, process hacker/explorer, it says Access denied. Process is Waves NX. After the update the default audio devices were mixed up. Other Waves NX processes work, and the software itself works with...
  5. How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On BitLocker-supported editions of Windows 10, you can temporarily suspend or pause BitLocker protection for an unlocked drive encrypted using BitLocker. For example, if you need to install new software that BitLocker might otherwise block, you can suspend...
  6. Windows 10 BitLocker suspend protection triggers an immediate resume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 BitLocker suspend protection triggers an immediate resume: I have two internal hard drives in my laptop that are encrypted using BitLocker and I am trying to install a new Dell BIOS update that requires suspending BitLocker. Unfortunately, when I suspend BitLocker through the Control Panel or PowerShell, it suspends for less than 1...
  7. Bitlocker status when suspended?

Bitlocker status when suspended?: This might sound a bit silly, but bear with me. I have bitlocker installed on my laptop, which was stolen yesterday. There was an issue the other month where for some reason bitlocker suspended itself and I had to manually restart it. If I go to my devices on the...
  8. Resume/Suspend Process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...
  9. BitLocker Drive Protection Suspended and Unable to Resume

BitLocker Drive Protection Suspended and Unable to Resume: Windows Defender requested that I "reset my TPM", which I did. But upon the restarting of the computer, the bitlocker drive protection is disabled for my C drive and when I try to resume it, it says, "An internal error has occurred within the Trusted Platform Module support...
  10. Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10: How to: Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker wizard initialization has failed the system cannot find the file specified

2. Windows 10 bitlocker wizard error

3. bitlocker suspended resume protection bitlocker drive encryption error wizard initialization has failed the system cannot find the file specified

4. bitlocker suspoending and unable to resume it