Windows 10: Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update

Discus and support Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, After a recent Windows update, my Dell computer that I buy from official Diller was locked by BitLocker. I never set up it or store any keys.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roman Iovlev, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update

Hi,

After a recent Windows update, my Dell computer that I buy from official Diller was locked by BitLocker. I never set up it or store any keys. After that, I read a lot of posts about the same problem and imagine that BitLocker in new Windows is installed and enabled by default. That is awful. And this is happening not only with me that after Windows update or some problems with the disc it enables automatically without providing any keys...

This is awful.

So back to my situation. I also check all my Microsoft accounts and one drive and there are no keys stored, so please do not point me there.

What can you suggest in case the user never install BitLocker and it is activated accidentally? Can someone check my computer name and help me if there any keys liked or Microsoft accounts linked to it?

Thanks in advacne

:)

Roman Iovlev, Jan 15, 2021

2. Bitlocker Not Working After Windows 10 Update

I followed your suggestions and these did not resolve the problem.

I have found that Bitlocker stops working after I have relocked the drive using the command "manage-bde -lock -forcedismount d:" and the computer remains idle for some time. When I return and try to access the drive, it does not display the window to enter
    the password. There are instance of bdeunlock.exe listed in the Task Manager-->Details window however.

Everything was working fine until this latest update.

Any additional suggestions?

clarity comes when you see that life is a matrix, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update

1. Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update - Similar Threads - Bitlocker I'm setup

2. I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS: So I haven't updated the bios since I bought this laptop. Now I did, and I regret it. Suddenly the PIN I have always used to log in, doesn't work anymore, then it asks for my phone number, a number I don't have access to anymore. So I log in into my outlook account, this one,...
  3. I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS: So I haven't updated the bios since I bought this laptop. Now I did, and I regret it. Suddenly the PIN I have always used to log in, doesn't work anymore, then it asks for my phone number, a number I don't have access to anymore. So I log in into my outlook account, this one,...
  4. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker locks my boss's computer: Hi,My boss's computer has been locked by BitLocker. The odd part is he uses MS Windows 10 Home. All Microsoft call supports said that is simply not possible to happen. He had no clue when and how that happened.Anyway, it is now locked by BitLocker. We went through all the...
  5. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locks my boss's computer: Hi,My boss's computer has been locked by BitLocker. The odd part is he uses MS Windows 10 Home. All Microsoft call supports said that is simply not possible to happen. He had no clue when and how that happened.Anyway, it is now locked by BitLocker. We went through all the...
  6. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...: I finally decided to reset my computer which was locked by Bitlocker, without a key, and I did so by formatting the drives. However, after reinstalling Windows to my SSD, the main drive no longer shows up anywhere! I've checked in the BIOS, in disk management, and in the...
  8. BitLocker locked my drive after a BIOS update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker locked my drive after a BIOS update: HP updated BIOS which turned on BitLocker and locked and encrypted my drive. I never set up BitLocker so I don't have the key or a password. It is not saved in my Microsoft account since I never set it up. BestBuy set up my laptop and transferred files from my old computer...
  9. I'm locked out of my computer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm locked out of my computer . . .: II was removing the password from the login, lock screen. I went into the Bios, during the process. Andd I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me! Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a...
  10. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker: My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month only and it has...