Windows 10: Bitlocker to Go - option to save recovery key "Save to your cloud domain" is missing.

Discus and support Bitlocker to Go - option to save recovery key "Save to your cloud domain" is missing. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am implementing Bitlocker to Go for my Customer. All machines are joined to Azure AD and users are in AAD to (sync'ed from on-prem using AAD... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alenat, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Alenat Win User

Bitlocker to Go - option to save recovery key "Save to your cloud domain" is missing.

Hi,

I am implementing Bitlocker to Go for my Customer. All machines are joined to Azure AD and users are in AAD to (sync'ed from on-prem using AAD Connect). OS drive is encrypted using Bitlocker and recovery keys for OS drive are successfully saved in AAD and accessible under a user profile.

When I try to enable Bitlocker to Go on removable media I expect to see "save to your cloud domain account" option in addition to "Print the recovery key" and "Save to a file" options for recovery key location. Unfortunately "in your Cloud domain option" is not available.

If I encrypt a data drive, this option is available. So it looks like it is missing for removable media only... I am wondering if it is by design or I am missing something?

One more note: the device is managed by Intune, and the option to save recovery key in AAD is enabled for OS Drive and Data drives, but Intune does not have such option for removable media...

Regards,

Alex

:)

Alenat, Jul 22, 2019
  2. DET_q Win User

Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account

I have enabled BitLocker after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro account (from Windows 10 Home). My internal hard drive appeared to be already encrypted (not sure how) and there is a recovery key listed in my cloud domain account. I have now encrypted my external
    backup drive also, and am trying to store the recovery key for that drive in my account. I click "Save to your cloud domain account", and a pop up appears saying "please wait while recovery key is saved". This completes, with no errors displayed. But when
    I look in my cloud account, I still just see the original recovery key from my internal drive listed, and no new key appears in the list. If I save the key to file, it saves fine (but that is not a good long term solution for me). Does anyone know how to actually
    save this key to the cloud account?

Thanks

DET_q, Jul 22, 2019
  3. ACOF7 Win User
    Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account

Hi,

It looks like for the option 'Save to your cloud domain account' to appear when backing up the Bitlocker key, the user needs to be an administrator.

Currently, when setting up Bitlocker on a new computer for a domain user, I have to first temporarily add the domain user as a member of the Administrators group in the Local Users and Groups and then enter the domain user credentials in the UAC prompt when
    it comes up to turn on Bitlocker. If those 2 criteria are not met, only 'Save to a file' and 'Print the recovery key' are shown.

Was this the case in the past?

ACOF7, Jul 22, 2019
  4. theking2 Win User

Bitlocker to Go - option to save recovery key "Save to your cloud domain" is missing.

theking2, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Bitlocker to Go - option to save recovery key "Save to your cloud domain" is missing. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker option save

2. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  4. cloud saves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloud saves: how do you delete cloud saves in windows 11. all answers are out of date and no longer work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-saves/f412147e-a825-4a67-8bb1-956d18a3fac8
  5. Cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud saves: Hello! I'll be soon switching my hard drive, and so i was wondering, that if i bought the game at Microsoft store wasteland 3, to be precise , i wont lose any data i got in the gamer, right? It says that it does support cloud saves via Xbox live, tho im not sure if i qualify...
  6. Bitlocker Azure Joined - Save recovery key to cloud greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Azure Joined - Save recovery key to cloud greyed out: HI Azure domain joined machine. Machine was encrypted fine for few months then showed error about not being able to complete encryption. Machine was decrypted to try resolve. When trying to re-encrypt the machine the only option i get which isnt greyed out for saving the...
  7. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key is not saved to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery key is not saved to onedrive: Hello, I have recently encrypted 2 drives using bitlocker, and both times have selected the option to back up the keys to my cloud domain account. No error messages are displayed and the process seems to work. However, when I go to onedrive.com/recoverykey, I am told that I...
  9. Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account

Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account: Hi, It looks like for the option 'Save to your cloud domain account' to appear when backing up the Bitlocker key, the user needs to be an administrator. Currently, when setting up Bitlocker on a new computer for a domain user, I have to first temporarily add the domain...
  10. Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account

Unable to save BitLocker recovery key to cloud domain account: I have enabled BitLocker after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro account (from Windows 10 Home). My internal hard drive appeared to be already encrypted (not sure how) and there is a recovery key listed in my cloud domain account. I have now encrypted my external backup drive also,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker save to cloud missing

2. backup recovery key bitlocker onedrive missing option

3. save to your cloud domain account bitlocker missing from bitlocker drive encryption

4. save recovery key to domain,
  5. avoid bitlocker from asking password on every startup after setup,
  6. sccm task save bitlocker key to domain account prompts for credentials,
  7. bitlocker cannot save to microsoft account,
  8. how bitlocker files save on cloud,
  9. bitlocker task to save key to network drive,
  10. I do not see an option to save bitlocker key to microsoft account,
  11. back up your recovery key missing bitlocker,
  12. bitlocker drive encryption save to your cloud domain account,
  13. cannot find backup your bitlocker key option,
  14. how to save recovery key to domain,
  15. domain bitlocker recover win 10 on domain