Windows 10: Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

Discus and support Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter_M., Oct 15, 2021.

1. Peter_M. Win User

Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able save Recovery keys to an encrypted drive whether it be fixed or OS?" From testing I have not been able to but only by Printing via Adobe and saving to encrypted drive or saving to a shared drive. The save to file option will only allow for saving to none encrypted drives from my testing. All I wanted to do was to confirm

:)

Peter_M., Oct 15, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

1. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Key

2. Bitlocker recovery key not going through

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key not going through: Hi,please could you assist me with my problem.So I have just uninstalled Avast antivirus software off of my laptop and I had to restart to completely clear the avast data.After my device restarted it displayed a bitlocker page where I had to insert my key.I found my key of my...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key not going through

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key not going through: Hi,please could you assist me with my problem.So I have just uninstalled Avast antivirus software off of my laptop and I had to restart to completely clear the avast data.After my device restarted it displayed a bitlocker page where I had to insert my key.I found my key of my...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key not going through

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
  6. BitLocker Key Question

BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
  7. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question: Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able...
  8. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question: Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able...
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Questions: I just have a few basic questions about BitLocker: - I was just wondering what happens if I lose my password and recovery key. Would I (or someone else) be able to access my HDD (I hope not...)? - If my hardware failed (except for my HDD) and I attached my HDD to another...