Windows 10: Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

Discus and support Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Starting a Windows 10 with bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector), PC asks for a recovery key during the restart. Behavior is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Naveen Murugan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

Starting a Windows 10 with bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector), PC asks for a recovery key during the restart.

Behavior is random, it is not happening in all the restarts, but can say it occurs 1 of 3 restarts.

Models: Lewnovo and HP

Is there any logs that can be checked to identify the problem?
    Is there any suggetions ?

:)

Naveen Murugan, Feb 11, 2019

2. Bitlocker fails to find USB Key ONLY When TPM+PIN+STARTUPKEY are enabled

Hi

I cant enable bitlocker with TPM+PIN+Startupkey. Bitlocker asks for the USB key to be insterted on bootup.

TPM+PIN works fine, I tested it.

TPM+Startupkey works fine, I tested it.

I have ownership of my TPM and its working for EFS right now.

When I enable TPM+Startupkey+PIN, bitlocker fails to unlock at bootup, asking me to insert my USB key.

I've tried both USB 2 and 3 ports on my PC, nothing works.

I'm forced to enter a recovery password to unlock.

My group policy allows all methods of authenication, and requires use of a TPM.

The USB drive is formatted as FAT32, containing 2GB.

My system is a EUFI installation, using GPT. The USB drive is detected in BIOS, windows boots first.

My BIOS is updated too.

Latest chipset drivers are installed.

Latest USB drivers installed.

I have a Sabertooth 990fx motherboard.

Windows 10, non beta, latest updates.

Moved here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65424c29-25ec-4b8d-9090-2e85ca29f9cb/bitlocker-fails-to-find-usb-key-only-when-tpmpinstartupkey-are-enabled?forum=win10itprosecurity

99ytrewq911, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Enabling pre-boot pin with a TPM

How can I enable a pre-boot PIN with a TPM installed and the drive is BitLocked? (Windows Pro)

RaymondNewman, Feb 11, 2019
  4. tinten10 Win User

Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

BitLocker key protector management help

Seeking BitLocker help:

Win10 machine with TPM.
    OS drive was successfully encrypted with "TPM & PIN" additional key protection.
    Now I'm hoping to drop back to "just TPM" with no additional PIN protection without having to decrypt and re-encrypt. (note: the reason is so that updates will reboot back to windows login and leave this base station machine accessible by Remote (RDP) but the reason is not what I want to discuss)

I haven't found how to do it yet and don't know whether to concentrate on the "manage-bde" commands or gpupdate or both to find the answer. None of the local bitlocker policies are enabled (but the machine is in an AD domain.) If I try the following:
    manage-bde -protectors -delete C: -Type TPMAndPIN
    (within an admin cmd prompt) I get:
    "ERROR: An error occurred while deleting the key protector.
    Group Policy settings require the use of a PIN at startup. Please choose this Bitlocker startup option."

Is there a way I can check what the domain admin is requiring? I forget how to check the broader group policies on Win10.
    Thanks!

tinten10, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

1. Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker TPM enabled

2. Enable TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable TPM: How do I enable the TPM on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e laptop running Windows 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tpm/9ca1050d-5065-449c-971a-e66ee817dba2
  3. ENABLE TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ENABLE TPM: I can NOT find a video on youtube or google on how can i enable tpm on my device ILIFE ZED NOTE CX3 PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tpm/70df0f36-4c87-42d3-94d0-87f23cdf18fa
  4. Enabling TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling TPM: Is it harmful to enable TPM in windows 10? What difference does it make by enabling it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-tpm/b400cf82-d5a8-448c-80cf-cf21fc661418
  5. What happens when BitLocker encryption is turned on without adding/enabling protectors tpm,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens when BitLocker encryption is turned on without adding/enabling protectors tpm,...: Running the following commands on C: volume which is an internal eMMC drive not HD/SSD if it matters in a laptop running Windows 10 Home: manage-bde -on c: # encrypt data manage-bde -status c: # show status after waiting a while for encryption to finish...
  6. Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -: Dear Sir/Madam, Last Monday I was having problems with probably the BIOS start-up system. This activated the Bitlocker security system. In the following step I tried to log into my Online Microsoft Account to enable the 'Recovery Key'. But during this step Microsoft didn't...
  7. BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically

BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically: May you please assist. We have recently noted that most of our new purchased computers in my organisation have BitLocker enabled automatically when the machine is setup. Users are are not aware that they have BitLocker since BitLocker seems not to have been setup to require...
  8. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  9. Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only: I'm having a hard time getting BitLocker to work the same way on my newly built desktop as it does on my Surface Pro 3, i.e. the drive is unlocked instantly with the TPM and I go straight to the windows login screen. When I try to configure BitLocker it just wants me to plug...
  10. Recovery key after disalbe and enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery key after disalbe and enable BitLocker: Is recovery key of BitLocker going to be changed if you turn off BitLocker then turn on BitLocker again? I got error during manual windows update on my Windows 10 box, and I am thinking it may be because of BitLocker because I found BitLocker got suspended after windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine prompts for bitlocker then restarts

2. windows 7 bitlocker an error occured while deleting the key protector

3. bitlocker tpm und pin