Windows 10: Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

Discus and support Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Starting a Windows 10 with bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector), PC asks for a recovery key during the restart. Behavior is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Naveen Murugan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

Starting a Windows 10 with bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector), PC asks for a recovery key during the restart.

Behavior is random, it is not happening in all the restarts, but can say it occurs 1 of 3 restarts.

Models: Lewnovo and HP

Is there any logs that can be checked to identify the problem?
    Is there any suggetions ?

:)

Naveen Murugan, Feb 11, 2019

2. Bitlocker fails to find USB Key ONLY When TPM+PIN+STARTUPKEY are enabled

Hi

I cant enable bitlocker with TPM+PIN+Startupkey. Bitlocker asks for the USB key to be insterted on bootup.

TPM+PIN works fine, I tested it.

TPM+Startupkey works fine, I tested it.

I have ownership of my TPM and its working for EFS right now.

When I enable TPM+Startupkey+PIN, bitlocker fails to unlock at bootup, asking me to insert my USB key.

I've tried both USB 2 and 3 ports on my PC, nothing works.

I'm forced to enter a recovery password to unlock.

My group policy allows all methods of authenication, and requires use of a TPM.

The USB drive is formatted as FAT32, containing 2GB.

My system is a EUFI installation, using GPT. The USB drive is detected in BIOS, windows boots first.

My BIOS is updated too.

Latest chipset drivers are installed.

Latest USB drivers installed.

I have a Sabertooth 990fx motherboard.

Windows 10, non beta, latest updates.

Moved here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65424c29-25ec-4b8d-9090-2e85ca29f9cb/bitlocker-fails-to-find-usb-key-only-when-tpmpinstartupkey-are-enabled?forum=win10itprosecurity

99ytrewq911, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Enabling pre-boot pin with a TPM

How can I enable a pre-boot PIN with a TPM installed and the drive is BitLocked? (Windows Pro)

RaymondNewman, Feb 11, 2019
  4. tinten10 Win User

Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

BitLocker key protector management help

Seeking BitLocker help:

Win10 machine with TPM.
    OS drive was successfully encrypted with "TPM & PIN" additional key protection.
    Now I'm hoping to drop back to "just TPM" with no additional PIN protection without having to decrypt and re-encrypt. (note: the reason is so that updates will reboot back to windows login and leave this base station machine accessible by Remote (RDP) but the reason is not what I want to discuss)

I haven't found how to do it yet and don't know whether to concentrate on the "manage-bde" commands or gpupdate or both to find the answer. None of the local bitlocker policies are enabled (but the machine is in an AD domain.) If I try the following:
    manage-bde -protectors -delete C: -Type TPMAndPIN
    (within an admin cmd prompt) I get:
    "ERROR: An error occurred while deleting the key protector.
    Group Policy settings require the use of a PIN at startup. Please choose this Bitlocker startup option."

Is there a way I can check what the domain admin is requiring? I forget how to check the broader group policies on Win10.
    Thanks!

tinten10, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the...

1. Bitlocker TPM enabled(Not enabling PIN as a protector) prompts for recovery key during the... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker TPM enabled

2. Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10: Turned off last night, and this morning I have a Bitlocker screen. It does not say BITLOCKER RECOVERY. only BITLOCKER. None of the support suggestions work nor can I get any other screen. I downloaded a Microsoft game last night, maybe it was a virus? I've had this...
  3. BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup: Hello Support, My Dell Inspiron 15 does not have a TPM and still I am being asked for a recovery key every time I start my laptop all of a sudden. I have to retype the recovery key every time I start the lappy. Can anyone help. Thanks, Kala...
  4. Cannot enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot enable BitLocker: Hi all, I need help with drive encryption. The BitLocker keeps giving me an error with a message "The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information". [ATTACH] I have attempted everything I could on my...
  5. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  6. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  7. Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?

Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?: I have seen this question asked elsewhere several times, but with different answers...so I just want to make sure my understanding of BitLocker is correct. In the past, I had used BitLocker on several computers that did Not have a TPM...therefore I had to use a strong...
  8. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742
  9. BitLocker key protector management help

BitLocker key protector management help: Seeking BitLocker help: Win10 machine with TPM. OS drive was successfully encrypted with "TPM & PIN" additional key protection. Now I'm hoping to drop back to "just TPM" with no additional PIN protection without having to decrypt and re-encrypt. (note: the reason is so...
  10. Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart

Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart: Hi guys, I know I had been overwhelming here with all my BitLocker and TPM related questions, but hopefully this should be my final concerns. I have BitLocker full encryption enabled on my HDD. 1. Recently, I had this issue when going to the TPM.msc console and...