Windows 10: Bitlocker turned itself on??? Never seen this b4

Discus and support Bitlocker turned itself on??? Never seen this b4 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows v1909 18363 on a Dell Inspiron 15 - the original drive on this one failed. I installed a new SSD No biggie, right? So while setting up,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cognus, May 25, 2020.

1. cognus Win User

Bitlocker turned itself on??? Never seen this b4

Windows v1909 18363 on a Dell Inspiron 15 - the original drive on this one failed. I installed a new SSD
    No biggie, right? So while setting up, updating windows, installing drivers etc, I noticed Bitlocker is ON. ??
    I never turned it on.

how did this happen? It turned off and decrypted ok apparently when I turned the feature Off in Windows device encryption setting, but how on earth did this occur? I wonder now if there is a setting in the BIOS that Dell invented....

:)

cognus, May 25, 2020
  2. cognus Win User

Windows v1909 18363 on a Dell Inspiron 15 - the original drive on this one failed. I installed a new SSD
    No biggie, right? So while setting up, updating windows, installing drivers etc, I noticed Bitlocker is ON. ??
    I never turned it on.

how did this happen? It turned off and decrypted ok apparently when I turned the feature Off in Windows device encryption setting, but how on earth did this occur? I wonder now if there is a setting in the BIOS that Dell invented....

cognus, May 25, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 25, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker turned itself on??? Never seen this b4 - Similar Threads - Bitlocker turned itself

2. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker turned itself on: We have a Dell laptop in which a tech tried to install a USB to VGA dongle. In the process, the computer restarted and went into recovery mode. When we finally got out of recovery, the OS apparently turned Bitlocker on its own so we don't have a 48-character key to unlock it....
  3. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker turned itself on: We have a Dell laptop in which a tech tried to install a USB to VGA dongle. In the process, the computer restarted and went into recovery mode. When we finally got out of recovery, the OS apparently turned Bitlocker on its own so we don't have a 48-character key to unlock it....
  4. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. I've never seen it, before?

I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  7. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Never seen this before lol.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never seen this before lol.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/comii_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsvctc/never_seen_this_before_lol/
  9. Bitlocker turned itself on??? Never seen this b4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker turned itself on??? Never seen this b4: Windows v1909 18363 on a Dell Inspiron 15 - the original drive on this one failed. I installed a new SSD No biggie, right? So while setting up, updating windows, installing drivers etc, I noticed Bitlocker is ON. ?? I never turned it on. how did this happen? It turned off...
  10. "Weird...Never seen this before"

"Weird...Never seen this before": When transferring more than a few files from one folder or drive to another I would always see a progress bar showing the percentage of files transferred and a guestimate of what's left to go. That dialogue, progress bar and transfer information no longer appears in...