Windows 10: Bitlocker - turned on but no login required

Discus and support Bitlocker - turned on but no login required in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Dell Latitude Bitlocker was preinstalled and activated. However, there is no login/key required at pre-windows login. The only protections is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MogensLunde, May 9, 2020.

1. Bitlocker - turned on but no login required

On my Dell Latitude Bitlocker was preinstalled and activated. However, there is no login/key required at pre-windows login. The only protections is the windows password, and afaik this is pretty easy to crack. I can see nowhere to add a password/key, and therefore in my opinion my laptops is essentially unprotected. What can I do to activate Bitlocker in a way that gives meaning?

:)

MogensLunde, May 9, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 9, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, May 9, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker - turned on but no login required

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker - turned on but no login required

1. Bitlocker - turned on but no login required - Similar Threads - Bitlocker turned login

2. Bitlocker requirment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker requirment: Hi everyone This is the issue I never faced before and I tried to contact with Microsoft supporter but I couldn't find anyone to help .Couple of days before my lap top required for restart and then after pretty much long time screen shows it needs "Bitlocker number " I sign...
  3. Bitlocker requirment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker requirment: Hi everyone This is the issue I never faced before and I tried to contact with Microsoft supporter but I couldn't find anyone to help .Couple of days before my lap top required for restart and then after pretty much long time screen shows it needs "Bitlocker number " I sign...
  4. Bitlocker requirment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?

Requiring login after restart: how to turn off?: After having to shutdown my PC, I restarted it and ended up stuck, as I was required to login to Microsoft. Since the PC is the source of my password manager, I was stuck and, though I did all of this well in advance of a scheduled business Zoom, I was late to the meeting as...
  6. Login required.

Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  7. Login required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  8. Login required.

9. Require login??

Require login??: I've asked this question previously last April https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7. The topic has been closed so I can't reply to it.The replies were appreciated and let me set...
  10. login requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login requirements: how do I disable login requirements when I start or awaken my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-requirements/1889fcb9-742b-43d1-9a58-2af590abcb3a