Windows 10: Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware

Discus and support Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I see that Micro$oft has it's own version of ransomware now.My kid goes to use their laptop to access an online school session that has to be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wcndave2, Mar 18, 2022.

1. wcndave2 Win User

Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware

So I see that Micro$oft has it's own version of ransomware now.My kid goes to use their laptop to access an online school session that has to be done now, and is faced with blue screen of death bitlocker.I have never set this up, never authorised this, never really heard of it.For all I know I have been attacked by ransomware, and it's a fake....Then I have to go to M$ site, to get a password I don't know about, and I can't get in because I have to verify account with a code, which is sent to an email address to which I have access to on the laptop in question....I am a computer person in the

:)

wcndave2, Mar 18, 2022
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Mar 18, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware

1. Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking

2. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  3. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  4. Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware

Bitlocker Unauthorised Locking of Computer Ransomware: So I see that Micro$oft has it's own version of ransomware now.My kid goes to use their laptop to access an online school session that has to be done now, and is faced with blue screen of death bitlocker.I have never set this up, never authorised this, never really heard of...
  5. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locks my boss's computer: Hi,My boss's computer has been locked by BitLocker. The odd part is he uses MS Windows 10 Home. All Microsoft call supports said that is simply not possible to happen. He had no clue when and how that happened.Anyway, it is now locked by BitLocker. We went through all the...
  6. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker frequently locking computers: We have a group of older computers about 30 in total that get locked by BitLocker every few weeks. We are not sure why this might be. There seems to be some kind of relationship with Windows Update but that could be a coincidence but it surely can't be correct that they lock...
  7. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Bitlocker frequently locking computers: We have a group of older computers about 30 in total that get locked by BitLocker every few weeks. We are not sure why this might be. There seems to be some kind of relationship with Windows Update but that could be a coincidence but it surely can't be correct that they lock...
  8. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Locking a folder against ransomware

Locking a folder against ransomware: Can a folder be locked, with password protection, to block encryption ransomware from changing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-a-folder-against-ransomware/47a14409-a217-4ea8-927b-017abec67810
  10. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection - Error: Unauthorised Changes Blocked for App Added...

Windows Defender Ransomware Protection - Error: Unauthorised Changes Blocked for App Added...: I'm using: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit After the recent Windows update I am getting the following error when converting books in Calibre. [ATTACH] I have added all the exe files in C:\Program Files\Calibre2 including calibre-parallel to the Allowed Apps list: [ATTACH] But...