Windows 10: BITLOCKER "unavailable" on my Wicows 10 Pro (or all)? Also unable to turn on "encrypt...

Discus and support BITLOCKER "unavailable" on my Wicows 10 Pro (or all)? Also unable to turn on "encrypt... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am worried about my privacy because I cannot apparently get "BITLOCKER" with windows 10, is this true? I also was looking at recommendations from MS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LisaDavisXD, May 9, 2019.

1. BITLOCKER "unavailable" on my Wicows 10 Pro (or all)? Also unable to turn on "encrypt...

I am worried about my privacy because I cannot apparently get "BITLOCKER" with windows 10, is this true? I also was looking at recommendations from MS support sites, and they said to "turn on device encryption". I tried, but there was not even an option like this! Should I get a VPN? How do the free ones compare to the paid ones? If there is a reasonably priced one, should I get it, or is this unnecessary paranoia on my part. Thank you in advance. LisaDavisXD

:)

LisaDavisXD, May 9, 2019

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 9, 2019
  3. Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, May 9, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

BITLOCKER "unavailable" on my Wicows 10 Pro (or all)? Also unable to turn on "encrypt...

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 9, 2019
Thema:

BITLOCKER "unavailable" on my Wicows 10 Pro (or all)? Also unable to turn on "encrypt...

1. BITLOCKER "unavailable" on my Wicows 10 Pro (or all)? Also unable to turn on "encrypt... - Similar Threads - BITLOCKER unavailable Wicows

2. UNABLE TO TURN ON BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO TURN ON BITLOCKER: I am trying to encrpt my al drive again and when i am searching a option of bitlocker encyption was not found and then i am goto Setting>>storage>>Disks & volume and try to turn on bitlocker it shows"Failed to open the Bitlocker control panel tool.error code 0x80004005"...
  3. UNABLE TO TURN ON BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNABLE TO TURN ON BITLOCKER: I am trying to encrpt my al drive again and when i am searching a option of bitlocker encyption was not found and then i am goto Setting>>storage>>Disks & volume and try to turn on bitlocker it shows"Failed to open the Bitlocker control panel tool.error code 0x80004005"...
  4. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on: Hello, I am using password and not USB with unlock key to unlock BitLocker encryption on my computer, but when my computer restarts to perform Windows Defender Offline scan, it requires me to use USB with unlock key to unlock the BitLocker encryption and there is no other...
  5. Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on

Unable to perform Windows Defender Offline scan with BitLocker encryption turned on: Hello, I am using password and not USB with unlock key to unlock BitLocker encryption on my computer, but when my computer restarts to perform Windows Defender Offline scan, it requires me to use USB with unlock key to unlock the BitLocker encryption and there is no other...
  6. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive: I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title: Bitlocker***...
  7. Unable to remove previous encryption in BitLocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove previous encryption in BitLocker: Hi everyone, I have set up BitLocker on my E:/ before (but I forgot to backup the key on Microsoft Account) However, when I install Windows, I have mistakenly clicked "Delete" E:/ , and all the data removed. After Windows installation, I have formatted E:/ , and want to...
  8. TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION: hi, How and where to enable bitlocker to encrypt system drive. And make a copy of the bitlocker recovery key? concerned, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-bitlocker-drive-encryption/86a9cedd-8a30-47a6-bea1-ed58984a753f
  9. Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro)

Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro): I've turned on Bitlocker on my laptop. It doesn't seem to have encrypted all of my logical drives, and for a couple of them it doesn't give me the option. I have a 1 TB hybrid drive which currently has 4 partitions: C, E, F, and a recovery partition. As far as I recall, I...
  10. Is encrypting all my drives with Bitlocker necessary?

Is encrypting all my drives with Bitlocker necessary?: Is encrypting each and every one of my drives with BitLocker necessary? I highly doubt my PC will ever be swapped or anything. I wonder how many people even use the feature. 62756

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BitlockerEncryt.log