Windows 10: Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

Discus and support Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got a 1440P monitor. I have it hooked up to my laptop via HDMI. This laptop also has a 2nd monitor hooked up though a docking station via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bront20, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Bront20 Win User

Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

I recently got a 1440P monitor. I have it hooked up to my laptop via HDMI. This laptop also has a 2nd monitor hooked up though a docking station via USB-C and has Display Port Alt Mode, so should be able to natively display from there. By default, the laptop is closed, though I do have to open it to power it on briefly before I close it again. This is mostly annoying as I keep the laptop under a monitor stand, so I have to pull it out to open it and want it back under there quickly as I can't get it out too far without moving cables that I have to rearrange to get it back under there.When I

:)

Bront20, Feb 21, 2024

2. BitLocker normal light-blue screen but no unlock prompt. Still works!

Hi all,

I've enabled BitLocker (Win 10 Pro) on a Dell laptop Inspiron 5558 and all went well.

BUT.... When I power on the computer the familiar light blue BitLocker screen appears but there is no prompt to enter the key. Just a light blue screen, nothing else whatsoever. However, I can enter the BitLocker key (blind, of course) and then viola Windows boots up properly! So BitLocker is working.

I would normally suspect a display driver issue but the BitLocker code happens long before any device-specific display driver would load (right?). Anyone else seen this or have suggestion on what to do?

valkyriebiker, Feb 21, 2024
  3. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

Windows help & learning

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

1440p monitors will not align properly

I have four 1440p monitors. The middle ones (top and bottom) align properly.

The two (one of each side) refuse to align properly with the monitor they are docked/linked to. All monitors are 1440p high... The side ones are shifted upward about 16 pixels. Attached is a Google remote desktop showing the misalignment.

No amount of moving and docking fixes the problem. It seems to be a bug due to the one 1440 below is somehow jacking the other monitors up. The two monitors in the middle are the exact same model....

An internet search suggested using the Nvidia layout manager to address a similar problem (2x2 layout) and to completely avoid Windows layout. I will try that later.

But what I do not understand is how this is even happening. They are all 1440p monitors. But it is 3 on top and 1 on bottom... Horizontal layout is fine. The verical is all screwed up.....

Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P c3374dd8-2bfc-4f70-bb4c-e643efd17125?upload=true.jpg

randomname00, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

1. Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P - Similar Threads - Bitlocker unlock prompt

2. Unlock bitlock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock bitlock?: You locked my computer with bitlock, what is the number I need to unlock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-bitlock/f1b0dad6-3b07-42e7-8a33-3ac98cef0619
  3. Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P: I recently got a 1440P monitor. I have it hooked up to my laptop via HDMI. This laptop also has a 2nd monitor hooked up though a docking station via USB-C and has Display Port Alt Mode, so should be able to natively display from there. By default, the laptop is closed, though...
  4. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  5. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1440p monitors will not align properly: I have four 1440p monitors. The middle ones top and bottom align properly.The two one of each side refuse to align properly with the monitor they are docked/linked to. All monitors are 1440p high... The side ones are shifted upward about 16 pixels. Attached is a Google remote...
  6. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1440p monitors will not align properly: I have four 1440p monitors. The middle ones top and bottom align properly.The two one of each side refuse to align properly with the monitor they are docked/linked to. All monitors are 1440p high... The side ones are shifted upward about 16 pixels. Attached is a Google remote...
  7. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unlocking Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking Bitlocker: Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that that data and apps are separate. If I do partition should I locked both drives after or is bitlocker only for the system drive?...
  9. Bitlock unlock?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432
  10. BitLocker normal light-blue screen but no unlock prompt. Still works!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker normal light-blue screen but no unlock prompt. Still works!: Hi all, I've enabled BitLocker (Win 10 Pro) on a Dell laptop Inspiron 5558 and all went well. BUT.... When I power on the computer the familiar light blue BitLocker screen appears but there is no prompt to enter the key. Just a light blue screen, nothing else...