Windows 10: Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f

Discus and support Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I attempted to move from "startup key" to "TPM and PIN" protection. I have a TPM 2.0 chip. In my ignorance I deleted ALL protectors from this drive and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Meams., Dec 13, 2019.

1. Meams. Win User

Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f

I attempted to move from "startup key" to "TPM and PIN" protection. I have a TPM 2.0 chip. In my ignorance I deleted ALL protectors from this drive and added only the TPMandPIN protector back to the drive so I can't use the recovery key. When I boot to this drive it immediately goes to bitlocker recovery with the error: "8007139f". I'm guessing it gives this error due to the fact that there is no recovery key protector. It does not give me the option to enter the TPM PIN even though I changed Group Policy to require it. I am booted to another drive on the same machine in an attempt to unlock the drive but it does not seem possible. Looking through the documentation for the "manage-bde -unlock" command, it does not seem like there is an option for a TPM and PIN unlock. Is it at all possible to unlock this drive or am I doomed to a windows reinstall?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

:)

Meams., Dec 13, 2019

2. Bootloader, recovery partition, or something else - Bitlocker reboot loop from recovery screen - Error 8007139f (Windows 10)

How could you fix error 8007139f from bitlocker recovery screen? Is it corrupt bootloader, recovery partition, or something else?

Description: Hit escape on bitlocker pin entry screen and it displays error 8007139f and a reboot button instead of recovery and repair options.

Robert

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Robert_522, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Bootloader, recovery partition, or something else - Bitlocker reboot loop from recovery screen - Error 8007139f (Windows 10)

Hello Robert,

We found a thread with a similar concern. Kindly visit this link
    and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps provided by Ratandeep on how to resolve error 8007139f. Other Community members found it helpful. Give it a try.

Let us know the result and current status of the issue and we'll take the next action to resolve your concern.

Lizette Ags, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f

Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go

Hey All,

Recently my company provided me with a Windows 10 SOE image as part of a UAT. The image includes Symantec Endpoint Encryption which utilizes Bitlocker for encryption.

I went through all of the motions with the C:\ drive to be encrypted and even printed the recovery key. Well, at some point I plugged in a few My Passport USB drives and they became locked by Bitlocker To Go. Everytime I try to unlock or click on these drives it asks for the 48-bit key which I don't have because I never was prompted to encrypt/lock these drives.

Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f [​IMG]

Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f [​IMG]

IT says that there are no keys stored on the servers for these USB drives and suggested that this would be a "local" encryption. However, they also stated that they wouldn't be encrypted unless I was prompted about it. So, there's this mystery about how these USB drives came to be locked.

I've been doing some research and the closest I've come is getting some output about the protectors:
    Code:
    Code:
    c:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors g: -get BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.10011 Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.   Volume G: [Label Unknown] All Key Protectors       Numerical Password:       ID: {27319850-4EB5-42AC-9BA5-1C0CCB997EE7}       External Key:       ID: {A4A49BE5-70A4-4388-8B2F-8C13B1CA765C}       External Key File Name:         A4A49BE5-70A4-4388-8B2F-8C13B1CA765C.BEK
    I've tried to copy the .bek file to another non-encrypted/locked USB but get:

Code:
    Code:
    c:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors -add g: -rp f:\key BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.10011 Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.   ERROR Cannot specify multiple volumes  c:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors -add g: -rp f:\key\key.txt BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.10011 Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.   ERROR: The operation cannot be performed because the volume is locked.
    I've tried all of the passwords (even blank) I have in an attempt to unlock the drive:

Code:
    Code:
    c:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -unlock g: -pw BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.10011 Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.   Enter the password to unlock this volume: ERROR: The password failed to unlock volume G:.
    When I search my laptop by either the Numerical or External IDs, I get nothing even with hidden files enabled.

Can anybody provide any recommendations here? I can always provide any additional info. Should I also post in the MS forums?

There's so much data on these drives that I cannot loose.

Regards, Jimmy

coolguy9000, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f

1. Bitlocker unlock with recovery protector deleted, Error 8007139f - Similar Threads - Bitlocker unlock recovery

2. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  3. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  4. BitLocker Error 8007139f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Error 8007139f: Hi All, I have a machine here that I have put BitLocker on and it appears t have gone through fine. However, I had to go through recovery as the BitLocker key was lost, when pressing 'Escape' to go into recovery mode it gives me the error code 8007139f. I'm not entirely sure...
  5. BitLocker Error 8007139f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Error 8007139f: Hi All, I have a machine here that I have put BitLocker on and it appears t have gone through fine. However, I had to go through recovery as the BitLocker key was lost, when pressing 'Escape' to go into recovery mode it gives me the error code 8007139f. I'm not entirely sure...
  6. BitLocker Error 8007139f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key": Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from my outlook account which is what I use to login to my account. I typed in that key but it gives me an error (title). I noticed...
  8. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...
  9. Window Defender error 8007139f

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Defender error 8007139f: ERROR CODE -8007139f [Original Title: window defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-error-8007139f/d0a49f62-d16b-4039-ba56-2618e9f30b37
  10. BitLocker key protector management help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker key protector management help: Seeking BitLocker help: Win10 machine with TPM. OS drive was successfully encrypted with "TPM & PIN" additional key protection. Now I'm hoping to drop back to "just TPM" with no additional PIN protection without having to decrypt and re-encrypt. (note: the reason is so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8007139f bitlocker

2. bitlocker error code 8007139f

3. 8007139f fix

4. error cofe 8007139f restart your pc,
  5. bitlocker 8007139f,
  6. error code 8007139f bitlocker recovery,
  7. 8007139f there was a problem,
  8. bitlocker 8007139f boot,
  9. bitlocker error 8007139f,
  10. 8007139f bitlocker error