Windows 10: Bitlocker used by hacker to hold us to Ransom - are Microsoft able to assist?

Discus and support Bitlocker used by hacker to hold us to Ransom - are Microsoft able to assist? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, a hacker was able to use Microsoft's Bitlocker to hold me to ransom. Despite the lost data including hundreds of precious memories yep, backed up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ex-Vectis, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Ex-Vectis Win User

Bitlocker used by hacker to hold us to Ransom - are Microsoft able to assist?

So, a hacker was able to use Microsoft's Bitlocker to hold me to ransom. Despite the lost data including hundreds of precious memories yep, backed up onto another disk but that too was locked using Microsoft's Bitlocker I cannot afford to pay $5000!!! Why is this possible? Why do Microsoft allow this?

Looking at the Bitcoin trail, they are making upwards of US$200K a year on this scam which also means people are paying - but, what other choice do they have???. Why is this allowed to happen? Why is it that with Bitlocker it appears Crime DOES Pay!

This is really a warning to Windows 10 users. Simple. Dont use it as you risk losing literally everything.

Hello there.

I would like to tell you first I'm sorry about that. Your documents, files, database, most are in original places or some moved to your encrypted local data. If you want to regain access to your local data please send 5000 AUD in BTC Bitcoin to this address: 12js6G3Fx9ZrvZEHrJUENRVoHTYD8cv6h8 fast as you can and email me at Bitlockerlock.unlock at gmail.com to get your bitlocker password to unlock all data. You can buy bitcoinlegal cryptocurrence in your country, so no any illegal stuff using bank wire, credit\debit card, paypal, almost all payments method worldwide. Very easy and secure to buy bitcoin from your location. You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. After payment we will send you the bitlocker key that will decrypt all your files. If you dont know what bitcoin is, please ask me for bitcoin website that you can buy it fast or search on google for a local Bitcoin shop or ATM and transfer 5000 AUD in BTC to this address: 12js6G3Fx9ZrvZEHrJUENRVoHTYD8cv6h8

It's not my fault if you are trying to format disk and lose all, encrypted files are not recoverable without bitlocker password. Here are only one way to get all back and regain access to your local hard disk drive and this way is to send 5000 AUD in BTC Bitcoin to this address: 12js6G3Fx9ZrvZEHrJUENRVoHTYD8cv6h8

After payment, we will send you the Bitlocker password that will decrypt all your files instantly. It's just business not trying to get your money and then to not give your bitlocker password. Only me can give your password to unlock your Locals Disk so this is the only chance to get all back. Waiting for your reply to my email address Bitlockerlock.unlock at gmail.com or to my second email in case gmail not work DavidBlaine at mail2world.com for bitlocker password.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

GET 20% OFF IF YOUR PAYMENT IS DONE IN 24 HOURS.

Bitlockerlock.unlock at gmail.com

Thanks for your time!

:)

Ex-Vectis, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

Read more: A hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for a ransom | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

Read more: A hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for a ransom | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Bitlocker used by hacker to hold us to Ransom - are Microsoft able to assist?

Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker used by hacker to hold us to Ransom - are Microsoft able to assist?

1. Bitlocker used by hacker to hold us to Ransom - are Microsoft able to assist? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker used hacker

2. Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...: I have read their new policy and it's all about them to protect themselves we the people have no say what so ever as far as they are concerned you don't agree then you can't use the software you legally purchased this is a form of blackmail for simple people like me with a...
  3. Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...: I have read their new policy and it's all about them to protect themselves we the people have no say what so ever as far as they are concerned you don't agree then you can't use the software you legally purchased this is a form of blackmail for simple people like me with a...
  4. Hackers using UltraViewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hackers using UltraViewer: A few weeks ago I had a popup "alert" come up on my laptop with a voice saying my computer had just received a virus. It gave a phone number to Microsoft to call. Of course I was being scammed, but at that moment I didn't realize it. I called the number, and talked to a man...
  5. Hackers using Ultrviewer

Hackers using Ultrviewer: A few weeks ago I had a popup "alert" come up on my laptop with a voice saying my computer had just received a virus. It gave a phone number to Microsoft to call. Of course I was being scammed, but at that moment I didn't realize it. I called the number, and talked to a man...
  6. 'exchange ActiveSync' being used by Hackers to Harvest other Victims & Hold Control of MS...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'exchange ActiveSync' being used by Hackers to Harvest other Victims & Hold Control of MS...: I would like to ask the Virus-Malware community: if it is aware of a somewhat recent expanded 'MS compromise' to Users MS Email account Folders, by hackers that have acquired a users acct login info.Using exchange ActiveSync pls see -...
  7. 'exchange ActiveSync' been used by Hackers to Harvest other Victims & Hold Control of MS...

'exchange ActiveSync' been used by Hackers to Harvest other Victims & Hold Control of MS...: I would like to ask the Virus-Malware community: if it is aware of a somewhat recent expanded 'MS compromise' to Users MS Email account Folders, by hackers that have acquired a users acct login info.Using exchange ActiveSync pls see -...
  8. Holding New Laptop for Ransom

Holding New Laptop for Ransom: I got my new Dell laptop May 11. May 12 Microsoft said Outlook and Windows Hello passwords wrong so my laptop was being held hostage. I was denied the use of my laptop, my perfectly good printer, all the software I installed on it. I learned how to disable Windows Hello, the...
  9. Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

in Windows 10 News
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom: Hundreds of developers have had had Git source code repositories wiped and replaced with a ransom demand. The attacks started earlier today, appear to be coordinated across Git hosting services (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab), and it is still unclear how they are happening....
  10. microsoft secuity allert holding your browser for ransom

microsoft secuity allert holding your browser for ransom: why is there no one SMART ENOUGH TO PREVENT THESE ALERTS AND RANSOM FROM Microsoft. unles micrOsosft is creating this scam to make more money. I WOULD THINK SOMEONE WOULD MAYBE HAVE SOME BRAINS IN THERE HEAD. THIS IS BULLSHIT AND MICROSOFT SHOUKLD BE ASHAMED OF THEM SELVE FOR...