Windows 10: Bitlocker VHD not mounting

Discus and support Bitlocker VHD not mounting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message: Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkS.1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. MarkS.1 Win User

Bitlocker VHD not mounting

When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message:

Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume

When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker password. But now there is no password prompt and I get the latter error.

How do I get this vhd to mount?

:)

MarkS.1, Feb 16, 2019

2. Bitlocker VHD Errors

I have a number of VHD's which are encrypted with bitlocker. When I either double click one of the VHD files or right click and select the 'Mount' option I get an error 'Location is not available' 'X:\ is not accessible' 'Access is denied'. Then the tab
    appears which lets me enter the bitlocker password for the VHD and it mounts. Is there a way to prevent the error screen coming up every time prior to entering the password?

Thanks

Steve

blues-riff, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Al Ash Win User
    Vhd file is corrupted and can't be mounted.

I also believe it might be a compatibility issue. I am currently on Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 16299. I reverted back to the previous build, but I couldn't mount the virtual disk and got a message saying it was corrupted. I have since again re-updated
    to 16299 and I have the same issue. I will wait until the next two updates to see if it can be mounted.

Also, I don't believe Bitlocker is available on Windows 10 Home. It is only a feature on Pro. However, despite of this, the VHD was working perfectly for the last 10 months.

Al Ash, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Matt72127 Win User

Anniversary update & bitlocker encryted vhd drive problem

what i found about my case is almost exactly in this post:

BitLocker protected VHD volume corrupted

My case:

Drive C: encrypted with Mcafee, on this drive there is VHD file encrypted with bitlocker. After copying VHD file to drive E: and decrypting C: and then updating to Anniversary update all I can do is to mount VHD and OS ask me to format this virtual drive,
    and it is seen as RAW partition. Deinstalling Anniversary update does not help.

Maciek

Matt72127, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Bitlocker VHD not mounting - Similar Threads - Bitlocker VHD mounting

2. Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11: I have mounted Bitlocker Drive using FTK Imager. When I using windows 10, we can unlock Bitlocker Drive by entering 48 key in windows explorer. However, I utilized windows 11, no option to input recovery key. I have already tried using manage-bde in CMD and UnlockBitlocker in...
  3. Trying to exclude Read-Only Mounted VHD\VHDX drives mounted in a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to exclude Read-Only Mounted VHD\VHDX drives mounted in a directory: Disks are mounted read-only in C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\0\ I've added exclusions for C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\*\*\*\* Using MPCmdRun.exe -CheckExclusion -path "C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\ Using MPCmdRun.exe -CheckExclusion -path "C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\0 each shows excluded...
  4. windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 bitlocker vhd connection error: Hello. I'm using two physical hard drives encrypted with bitlocker as FDEfull disk encryption. And I have one virtual hard drive encrypted with bitlocker in one of the two drives like below. C:\ // bitlocker FDE, OS installed, Windows 10 Pro 1903 64-bit D:\ //...
  5. [SOLVED] Mount a VHD? How?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [SOLVED] Mount a VHD? How?: I used VirtualBox to create a 640MB VHD (virtual hard disk) named 'Palemoon portable (Linux).vhd'. (Note that the VHD is not a VDI.) I need to format it, but first, I need to mount it. But when I attempt to mount it (as Administrator) via Disk Managment's 'Action' 'Attach...
  6. Mount a VHD? How?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mount a VHD? How?: I used VirtualBox to create a 640MB VHD (virtual hard disk) named 'Palemoon portable (Linux).vhd'. (Note that the VHD is not a VDI.) I need to format it, but first, I need to mount it. But when I attempt to mount it (as Administrator) via Disk Managment's 'Action' 'Attach...
  7. Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone: I have an Asus Transformer T100TAF with a 32 GB EMMC hard drive. Not much to work with so I installed a 128GB SanDisk U1 drive that is mounted as a VHD D:\using a Task manager task. I then changed the Storage settings so all new files go to the D:\ drive and all new app have...
  8. Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone: I have an Asus Transformer T100TAF with a 32 GB EMMC hard drive. Not much to work with so I installed a 128GB SanDisk U1 drive that is mounted as a VHD D:\using a Task manager task. I then changed the Storage settings so all new files go to the D:\ drive and all new app have...
  9. Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10 How to Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10 VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represents a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, such as...
  10. Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10: How to: Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10 How to Mount or Unmount VHD and VHDX File in Windows 10 VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represents a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, such as disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mounting a vhd file that is bitlocker

2. compressing partition on vhd

3. bitlocker couldnt mount file ntfs