Windows 10: Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use?

Discus and support Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Windows Support Team, When I run at powershell "manage-bde -status" I see one drive with "Encryption Method: Hardware Encryption -... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ozbenitez, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ozbenitez Win User

Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use?

Hello Windows Support Team,

When I run at powershell "manage-bde -status"

I see one drive with "Encryption Method: Hardware Encryption - 1.3.111.2.1619.0.1.2" Is it eDrive, Opal 2.0, or other?

How can I tell what HW encryption is being used? This is a data drive.

Do you have further information on how to force BitLocker into using eDrive or Opal 2.0 ? or what determines what is used by BitLocker?

:)

ozbenitez, Oct 8, 2019

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 8, 2019
  3. (BUG) BitLocker eDrive hardware encryption

Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 10, and tried to use hardware encryption via BitLocker on my eDrive compliant 850 EVO ssd.

First it just would not use the hardware encryption (asks if I want to encrypt whole drive or only used portion) but I found that Intel rapid storage was conflicting with the process (version V14501081)

When I uninstalled IRST, the setup went right, but after the first reboot/system check, BitLocker has just dissapeared. It can't be found in the Control Panel (see screenshot), trying to open it via search doesn't work and it's not listed when right clicking
    the system drive, but when right clicking my second HDD there is an option to enable it, this brings me to the initialization screen, the BitLocker settings still can't be accessed. There's also no lock icon on the system drive, but BitLocker does ask for
    a password on bootup (don't have TPM).

When typing manage-bde -status C: in the command prompt, I get an error (see screenshot)

screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/JiHCu3K.png

This worked perfectly on Windows 8.1 for me.

Edit: Now BitLocker suddenly started working properly. The lock sign is there and the settings are back, still this is strange behaviour.

Thomas Debie, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use?

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use?

1. Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker types Hardware

2. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  3. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  4. Encrypted using bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker - Hardware encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker - Hardware encryption: Hello,I trying to enable hardware encrypted disks with bitlocker. We have laptops different models - Dell 6420, Lenovo T470, Lenovo T14 gen 1 and gen 2, Lenovo Carbon X1 gen 9 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 witch all current updates. And different SED disks WD SDBQNTY-256G, Samsung...
  6. Bitlocker - Hardware encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker - Hardware encryption: Hello,I trying to enable hardware encrypted disks with bitlocker. We have laptops different models - Dell 6420, Lenovo T470, Lenovo T14 gen 1 and gen 2, Lenovo Carbon X1 gen 9 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 witch all current updates. And different SED disks WD SDBQNTY-256G, Samsung...
  7. Bitlocker - Hardware encryption

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Bitlocker hardware encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker hardware encryption: Im thinking to setup bitlocker but I still dont fully understand how it works. The software encryption part seems simple but how does bitlocker works with the SSD's hardware encryption? There are some articles about how bitlocker trusting the SSD's encryption that had...
  9. How to change to use hardware encryption or use bitlocker protection on

How to change to use hardware encryption or use bitlocker protection on: My new dell notebook default use bitlocker but mamage-bde status show protection is off then i change to use hardware encryption in gpedit fixed drive but manage-bde Show no hardware emcryption word, it seems still using software encryption and i had used specified...
  10. What does BitLocker encrypt?

What does BitLocker encrypt?: Does BitLocker just encrypt your hard-drive, or does it also encrypt network traffic like your inbound and outbound emails? 94507

Users found this page by searching for:

1. harware 1.3.111.2.1619.0.1.2

2. Hardware Encryption - 1.3.111.2.1619.0.1.2