Windows 10: bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

Discus and support bitlocker will not let me lock a drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0 and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ray495, Dec 3, 2018.

1. ray495 Win User

bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0
    and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and the drive has the option greyed out in my computer

why is this and how do I get it to stop

i put in a screenshot of administrative tools>disk management

bitlocker will not let me lock a drive [​IMG]

:)

ray495, Dec 3, 2018

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 3, 2018
  4. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

How to Auto-lock the drives on Windows 10 using BitLocker.

Hello Mominur,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “unlocking a driver”, are you referring to drives on the computer?
    • On which drive do you want to set auto-lock BitLocker option (Internal drive or External drive)?

You will be able to perform auto unlock of the drive using BitLocker. To perform auto-lock of the drive using BitLocker, you should either lock out of the user account if it an internal drive or remove the device driver for the external drive.

Refer to the link below on Help protect your files with BitLocker

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

1. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive - Similar Threads - bitlocker let lock

2. Bitlocker Drive locked !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Drive locked !!: I hope you're happy after locking my drive dear microsoft, I was a supporter of microsoft but now my drive is locked and I'm in other country for work and laptop is totally locked , by that Fu*king bitlocker. So I've purchased the laptop from offline physical market, and I'm...
  3. Bitlocker Drive locked !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Drive locked !!: I hope you're happy after locking my drive dear microsoft, I was a supporter of microsoft but now my drive is locked and I'm in other country for work and laptop is totally locked , by that Fu*king bitlocker. So I've purchased the laptop from offline physical market, and I'm...
  4. Re-locking a drive with BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-locking a drive with BitLocker: I have a data drive with all the contents encrypted with Bitlocker not the system drive. The OS is Windows 11.When I first boot my computer, the drive is password protected and I see the "lock" icon over the drive in the File Manager. I need to enter the password to access...
  5. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!: Hi All,I am a wedding photographer desperately looking for help. I use a Seagate 2TB hard drive to house my RAW files in one place before editing. Luckily I have them backed up and also on the SD cards but recently when I plugged in this particular hard-drive into my PC I got...
  6. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!: Hi All,I am a wedding photographer desperately looking for help. I use a Seagate 2TB hard drive to house my RAW files in one place before editing. Luckily I have them backed up and also on the SD cards but recently when I plugged in this particular hard-drive into my PC I got...
  7. BitLocker Locked Me Out Of My Seagate Hard Drive!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Drive will not let me access it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive will not let me access it: Hi, One of my hard drives on my computer all of a sudden will not let me access it. Labeled as my F drive. I click on it and it gives message of Working on it and just will not open to show files. I eventually have to X out of it. I have run some checks and it states...
  9. Bitlocker will not let me encrypt with letters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker will not let me encrypt with letters: Hello everyone I have a problem. When im trying to encrypt with bitlocker, the only options i have is with pin Numbers or USB. How to do so i can also write letters in the password? Should be in gpedit.msc...
  10. bitlocker will not let me lock a drive

in Windows 10 Support
    bitlocker will not let me lock a drive: i have a few drives in my computer and my bitlocker will not let me encrypt drive 0 and i don't know why it does not show up in the bitlocker menu and the drive has the option greyed out in my computer why is this and how do I get it to stop i put in a screenshot of...