Windows 10: Bitlocker Win10 Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how...

Discus and support Bitlocker Win10 Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased bit locker from the Microsoft store, after I bought my new Dell PC Inspiron 13-7000 series. It worked great, then a few months ago my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Deepseatedchairs, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Bitlocker Win10 Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how...

I purchased bit locker from the Microsoft store, after I bought my new Dell PC Inspiron 13-7000 series. It worked great, then a few months ago my Solid state hard drive crashed and a new one was installed. I can see bit-locker, it is turned on for my C drive, however, I when I format at USB using NFTS, "bit locker does not appear for USB flash drive anymore. I can still enter my password for UBS's I encrypted prior to my hard drive crashed with no problem.

When I checked my Microsoft account it shows the following:

1. This PC (CBitlocker Win10  Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how... :) bit locker on manage recovery key

2. Local Disk (DBitlocker Win10  Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how... :)

Bit locker NOT SUPPORTED

My question, how to I get bit locker turned on again for my usb (local disk) drive. something changed when the new hard drive was installed, and I am not sure what steps I need to take to get it "supported again" .

thank you in advance

J.

:)

Deepseatedchairs, Jul 29, 2019
  2. R ASharma Win User

Bit locker

Hello,

I had upgraded my laptop from Ubuntu to windows 10 and also my laptop supports TPM chip (Dell inspiron 3552).Earlier i was using Bit Locker perfectly but I had gone for the further partition of the drive and accidentally converted my hard drive from Basic
    to Dynamic. Now it always says that bit locker didn't supports to dynamic drive. I had gone for the process to convert the dynamic drive to basic. the commands were,

diskpart, listdisk, selectdisk, detaildisk, selectvolume, deletevolume and then convertbasic. After executing the command it gives the error that "disk is not empty" as there is windows (Local Disk C - 500 GB after deleting the rest of the partition) into
    the disk. How to convert then dynamic disk into basic disk without formatting the window. Please let me know the way.

Thanks and Regards,

R A Sharma

R ASharma, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Activating Bit Locker without TPM on Windows 10 Pro after upgrading from Windows 10 Home

Hello,

I am trying to activate BitLocker without TPM just after upgrading my Windows 10 Home OS to Pro. I found the post below:

Allow BitLocker without compatible TMP Module

However, when I follow step (c)

c. On the opened Local Group Policy Editor snap-in from the left pane expand Computer Configuration >Administrative
    Templates > Windows Components > Bit Locker Drive Encryption
    and from the expanded list click to select Operating System Devices.

I don not find "Bit Locker Drive Encryption" listed. Can't find it anywhere actually. So, I'm dead in the water.

Can anyone help?

Andrew Anagnost, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Bitlocker Win10 Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how...

Having to enter bit locker key everyday

Hi,

I realize that you are getting the bit locker prompt very often. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to turn off the Bit Locker, restart the pc and then turn on the Bit Locker to check if that helps.

To enable BitLocker, open the Control Panel and navigate to System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption. You can also open Windows Explorer or File Explorer, right-click a drive, and select Turn On BitLocker.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Win10 Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how...

1. Bitlocker Win10 Local Disk D not supported, C: bit locker was purchased and installed- how... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Win10 Local

2. Bit Locker C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Locker C:: Can I use BitLocker on my C: drive and if so, what is the start. Up procedure? Do I need to enter the BitLocker password and if so, when and where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-c/0272251a-9d8a-43c4-9d96-0bd7f5e4a8bd
  3. Bit Locker C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit Locker C:: Can I use BitLocker on my C: drive and if so, what is the start. Up procedure? Do I need to enter the BitLocker password and if so, when and where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-c/0272251a-9d8a-43c4-9d96-0bd7f5e4a8bd
  4. Merging Local Disk C and D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging Local Disk C and D.: Dear Whoever is reading this, I Bought a WD Blue 500GB hard drive. I have two local disks, C and D. Whenever I download something it instantly downloads to C, which is the one with less storage. IF by any chance anyone knows how to merge both of the disks that would be...
  5. local disk d

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk d: hi, i need some help, please help.... the problem is my hp laptop's local disk d is corrupted.... when I try to open it, it says that i have to format the disk.. And when I click format a blue screen appear.. and the stop code : KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.. please...
  6. BIT LOCKER KEY OF D: DRIVE

BIT LOCKER KEY OF D: DRIVE: Dear Folks, My D drive has been locked by Bit Locker and asking for 48 Digit bit locker key. Further admin has tried it on Azure to recover the key but got failed. So please help to get it recovered. Key ID : EDBD84AA Regards, Anuj Verma...
  7. How to split 350gb on Local Disk C and Local Disk D when doing Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to split 350gb on Local Disk C and Local Disk D when doing Windows 10 installation?: My friend has been using Win 7 since ages and he is now upgrading to Win 10 but he has only 350gb hard disk and both of us don't know how to make those partitions or etc. My plan is when we get to that part, we will instantly delete all the partitions so there will only be...
  8. bit locker and disk encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bit locker and disk encryption: Hello Team Unable to fin bitlocker or disk-encrypton in control panel or windows security. Nether I am able to install from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-and-disk-encryption/2e31c258-ab89-4998-a56b-6faa05cb5466
  9. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?: I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?...
  10. Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:)

Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:): I am currently unable to access my Local Disks, or open programs inside them, such as the task manager, user account control, and even the registry editor. Attempting to open anything (With administrator priveleges) just result in an access denied message. I have tried...