Windows 10: Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive

Discus and support Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello I removed the hard drive from my laptop windows10 because it was too slow and I connected my hard drive as a slave to a computer but when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrandonOrtega, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive

hello I removed the hard drive from my laptop windows10 because it was too slow and I connected my hard drive as a slave to a computer but when connecting it and accessing the disk it told me that I had bitlocker and I couldn't see the data on my hard drive but When accessing my Microsoft account it says that Bitlocker is suspended, what does that mean suspended? which is not activated? When it is suspended, there is no key on the hard disk or yes?

Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive f40cf379-1929-4988-b38a-8ff06731b8e2?upload=true.jpg

:)

BrandonOrtega, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Oct 12, 2020
  3. After encrypting C: drive bitlocker goes straight to "suspended"

I encrypted my c: drive on windows 10 pro using bitlocker with no problems; however, after encryption was complete bitlocker manager indicated that bitlocker was suspended. when I run manage-bde -status the information says drive is 100% encrypted but
    says protection is off. I have decrypted and repeated process and have same problem. Any suggestions? could something else be interfering with bitlocker (antivirus software)? I have followed all proceedures regarding using bitlocker without TPM, computer is
    a HP Stream laptop.

tcfrank1982, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive

1. Bitlocker Windows 10 Suspended Laptop Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Suspended Laptop

2. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Hard drive swaping: We have a requirement of moving bit-locker drive across systems. Is there a way to have common TPM certs?ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-hard-drive-swaping/31265215-6e6a-4d19-9797-93969d2d5efc
  3. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Hard drive swaping: We have a requirement of moving bit-locker drive across systems. Is there a way to have common TPM certs?ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-hard-drive-swaping/31265215-6e6a-4d19-9797-93969d2d5efc
  4. suspend BitLocker

suspend BitLocker: What are the steps to suspend BitLocker? My BitLocker activated and locked me out. I found the key and got back in but now I'm asked to enter the key each time I log in. I learned that my BIOS need to be updated and in doing that, was instructed to suspend BitLocker. I've...
  5. Bitlocker Access key to hard drive on crashed laptop

Bitlocker Access key to hard drive on crashed laptop: Motherboard crash on laptop haas mad it impossible to boot. I have taken the SSD and attached it through an adapter. Pop-up asks for 40 digit encryption key for drive letters on SSD. I never accepted any encryption. Where can I find key to recover my data....
  6. Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Hard Drive, Windows 10: Can I take the hard drive from my laptop (store bought) that has windows 10, and use it in a computer as the hard drive? submitted by /u/FastestFetus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3fa5s/laptop_hard_drive_windows_10/
  7. Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue: Hello, I have an issue with my HP Pro Book. My Windows 10 would not boot, and I need to get access to my files to transfer them to the USB. The laptop was a gift and I was not aware that the drive was encrypted. It turns out that the 48 digit key was not saved to my...
  8. How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On BitLocker-supported editions of Windows 10, you can temporarily suspend or pause BitLocker protection for an unlocked drive encrypted using BitLocker. For example, if you need to install new software that BitLocker might otherwise block, you can suspend...
  9. BitLocker Drive Protection Suspended and Unable to Resume

BitLocker Drive Protection Suspended and Unable to Resume: Windows Defender requested that I "reset my TPM", which I did. But upon the restarting of the computer, the bitlocker drive protection is disabled for my C drive and when I try to resume it, it says, "An internal error has occurred within the Trusted Platform Module support...
  10. Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10: How to: Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...