Windows 10: BITLOCKER windows key to reboot of my cumputer

Discus and support BITLOCKER windows key to reboot of my cumputer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, This mars 7 my computer get the update of mycrosoft, but my coputer had a bug, so i try to reboot it, but the app Bitlocker authenticator,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SarahMiled, Mar 11, 2020.

1. BITLOCKER windows key to reboot of my cumputer

hello,

This mars 7 my computer get the update of mycrosoft, but my coputer had a bug, so i try to reboot it, but the app Bitlocker authenticator, that i used 3 years ago is blocking me now.

i can not go on my account, i forgot the password and i can not get the code to do the verification because i don't have anymore access to my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and my last phone number. so i can not go on my bitlocker account and i can not have access to my windows key.

I asked to update my information, but it will take 1 month for the secrity program to change it. i would like to know if it is possible de get access to my windows key to reboot my computer.

Could you contact me on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

It is really urgent because i have a lot of importante document and projet on my computer i can not wait 1 month to get a solution for my computer.

Thank you very much

Sarah Miled

:)

SarahMiled, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 11, 2020
  3. BitLocker key asking on every reboot

Hi Jefferson,

Tnx for the reply. I had tried the same laptop with windows 10 version 1703 and 1709, in which the bitlocker encrypts the HDD perfectly fine with any issue, the problem comes when i reboot. the one with version 1703 reboots without asking for bitlocker
    key and the the one with version 1709 asks top enter the bitlocker key on every reboot.. i tried disabling and enabling the bitlocker by running this command

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable C:>

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -enable C:>

I had also ready that in windows 10 version 1709 changes were made in bitlocker features

Do let me know abt any updates or solutions on this.

Regards,

Akram

Akram_Farshid, Mar 11, 2020
  4. BITLOCKER windows key to reboot of my cumputer

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

BITLOCKER windows key to reboot of my cumputer

1. BITLOCKER windows key to reboot of my cumputer - Similar Threads - BITLOCKER key reboot

2. Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot: A Student lost some files on his Lenovo laptop. I tried to restore the files with "Rescuecd" based on Linux. I installed it on a USB drive.Therefore I had to disable security in the UEFI Bios in order to make the laptop boot from the USB.After finishing the file recovery, I...
  3. Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot: A Student lost some files on his Lenovo laptop. I tried to restore the files with "Rescuecd" based on Linux. I installed it on a USB drive.Therefore I had to disable security in the UEFI Bios in order to make the laptop boot from the USB.After finishing the file recovery, I...
  4. windows asking for bitlocker key,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows asking for bitlocker key,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key: windows asking for bitlocker key upon starting my laptop,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key exist.I can not login to my windows now.Already took laptop to bestbuy where i bought it, they checked everything under my microsoft account and laptop and...
  5. windows asking for bitlocker key,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key

windows asking for bitlocker key,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key: windows asking for bitlocker key upon starting my laptop,but under my microsoft account there is no bitlocker key exist.I can not login to my windows now.Already took laptop to bestbuy where i bought it, they checked everything under my microsoft account and laptop and...
  6. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help: Looking for BitLocker key am stack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reboot-and-my-laptop-request-a-bitlocker-key/76bf775c-3f1c-4c4b-b5b9-afbcebd2af97
  7. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help: Looking for BitLocker key am stack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reboot-and-my-laptop-request-a-bitlocker-key/76bf775c-3f1c-4c4b-b5b9-afbcebd2af97
  8. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Cumputer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cumputer locked up: I logged in and my computer locked up with a screen to call 1 833-809-7398 because my computer was hacked. I called and spoke with a fellow that I let log into my computer and said he could fix the problem and that was employed by windows. I am skeptical but my computer is...
  10. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker requires key on every reboot: Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a restart. Upon restarting bitlocker asked for a key. I didn't know what bitlocker was. I was able to find my key and get into...