Windows 10: Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

Discus and support Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Windows due to being locked out by Bitlocker. I am using at the recovery tool on a USB Drive. During setup it says that no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael Kurzman, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

I am trying to reinstall Windows due to being locked out by Bitlocker. I am using at the recovery tool on a USB Drive. During setup it says that no drive could be found to install to. What is my next step?

:)

Michael Kurzman, Aug 19, 2022

2. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

1. Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue - Similar Threads - Bitlocker reinstall issue

2. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation: Hi!I have a laptop with a 1TB HDD. I updated my OS from windows 10 Home to Pro retail, bound to my Microsoft account. I then encrypted my drive using Bitlocker. My question is, if I replace my device's HDD with an SSD internal drive and use my Windows 10 pro key to install...
  3. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation: Hi!I have a laptop with a 1TB HDD. I updated my OS from windows 10 Home to Pro retail, bound to my Microsoft account. I then encrypted my drive using Bitlocker. My question is, if I replace my device's HDD with an SSD internal drive and use my Windows 10 pro key to install...
  4. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue: I am trying to reinstall Windows due to being locked out by Bitlocker. I am using at the recovery tool on a USB Drive. During setup it says that no drive could be found to install to. What is my next step?...
  6. Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Windows reinstall issue: I am trying to reinstall Windows due to being locked out by Bitlocker. I am using at the recovery tool on a USB Drive. During setup it says that no drive could be found to install to. What is my next step?...
  7. Reinstall windows issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows issue: I reinstall my window 10 in ssd and after that every time i start my pc there is two options select windows 10 or window 11 previous please tell me how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-issue/60dc5a8f-4222-4aff-95cc-b859e673e751
  8. Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do?

Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do?: Hello to everyone, I am desperate because for two days I have not been able to access my dell pc. I have windows PRO with bitlocker activated and even if I put the right key taken from a microsoft account the system goes into error and never starts! I can't reinstall...
  9. Windows reinstall issues

Windows reinstall issues: My computer Lenovo touch screen. Bought in 2019 has windows 10 and ran in to trouble booting up. Nothing work to self fix. So i used my seagate external hard drive and used the windows media tool to created a new windows start up. Which all worked to getting my new touch...
  10. Reinstalled Win 10 and Issue with Bitlocker locked drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalled Win 10 and Issue with Bitlocker locked drive: I had to reinstall windows 10 on my pc that has several HDD and SSD drives. One hard drive that was locked by bitlocker is no longer recognized. I'm am never asked for the password to unlock. Under disk management I can see the drive but it is shown as "unallocated space"...