Windows 10: Bitlocker with Multiple Smartcards

Discus and support Bitlocker with Multiple Smartcards in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use bitlocker with more than 1 smartcard at a time one for each user of the computer. Using passcodes isn't an option in this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AsteriskDelta, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Bitlocker with Multiple Smartcards

Hi, I'm trying to use bitlocker with more than 1 smartcard at a time one for each user of the computer. Using passcodes isn't an option in this scenario.

This was previously covered on TechNet, with the answer:

You can use bitlocker volumes with as many startup key protectors as you like. So add another protector

manage-bde -protectors -add x: -sk y:\

x being your usb drive, y being your smart card.

Now, most of this is fairly straightforward; however, my smart card isn't mounted as a drive, or anything of the sort. I'd tried providing the device instance path listed in the properties\details of both the smart card and the card reader from control panel\devices, but it balked on both of them.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

:)

AsteriskDelta, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker with Multiple Smartcards

1. Bitlocker with Multiple Smartcards - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Multiple Smartcards

2. SmartCard Service error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartCard Service error: I'm experiencing an issue with my SmartCard.I thought it was the reader. It is not. I repeat, it's NOT the reader.I checked the service and noticed that it's not running. I tried to start it and got an error:Windows could not start the Smart Card service on Local...
  3. SmartCard Service error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SmartCard Service error: I'm experiencing an issue with my SmartCard.I thought it was the reader. It is not. I repeat, it's NOT the reader.I checked the service and noticed that it's not running. I tried to start it and got an error:Windows could not start the Smart Card service on Local...
  4. SmartCard Service error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Yubikey 5 PIV Smartcard for Bitlocker on Windows 10 x64

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yubikey 5 PIV Smartcard for Bitlocker on Windows 10 x64: I cannot get Windows 10x64 to use the smartcard on Yubikey 5 for bitlocker on non-system drives. "No Valid Certificates Were Found on This Smart Card" comes when I try to turn on bitlocker - this happens immediately,no PIN is requested. I make the certificate with certreq,...
  6. Smartcard authentication and architecture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Smartcard authentication and architecture: I have a smartcard that I cant get to work, Im not a tech but it seems like the driver for the reader or the card itself needs to be installed Its also possible that I need to use the card to authenticate for AAD, Its a MS smart card but it has a tmobile branding on it....
  7. Contactless smartcards for login?

Contactless smartcards for login?: In Windows 8/8.1 I could enroll a touchless smartcard and use it for a login. I am not seeing a way to enroll those in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea where that might be? Dell Latitude E7470 with fingerprint and both contact and contactless smartcard reader 49168
  8. BitLocker with multiple S.O.

BitLocker with multiple S.O.: Hi, Could I use BitLocker in a computer with TWO O.S.? Since this PC doesn't have HDD password, I need something to protect data against stealers. Thanks. 81632
  9. Smartcard login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smartcard login: Hi All I have started to use a Smartcard to login to my Windows 10 Education machine. Logging in works fine but the one annoying problem I have is that when I boot up the machine and am at the login screen it ALWAYS defaults to using a password login. This even happens...
  10. logon with smartcard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    logon with smartcard: Is it possible and if yes how to logon in windows 10 (home version 64-bits) with a smartcard? Open Source software? Microsoft build-in? I already installed the drivers for the smartcard reader and the middleware. I have a Belgian Eid card and I can connect to sites which...