Windows 10: Bitlocker with TPM on external ssd install

Discus and support Bitlocker with TPM on external ssd install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running linux on my laptops internal ssd. For work I need to use some corporate software that only works on windows with tpm and encrypted drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wintermute-89, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Bitlocker with TPM on external ssd install

I'm running linux on my laptops internal ssd.

For work I need to use some corporate software that only works on windows with tpm and encrypted drive. I only need to access it few times a week so I was running windows on my home machine and accessing it through RDP, however I need a backup in case home machine is down.

Question:

Are there any known limitations, or will I be able to install windows 10 on external usb drive, enable bitlocker with tpm and intune on that drive only?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/wintermute-89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wintermute-89, Jun 17, 2022

2. Bitlocker with TPM installed

Hi! I was able to encrypt my system drive with bitlocker with TPM.

Now I'm trying to use bitlocker to my other data drives but bitlocker can't use TPM.

Any help?

HenriMattila, Jun 17, 2022
  3. FingerPrint With TPM and Bitlocker

I want to use fingerprint as bitlocker/TPM's password/PIN. Please Guide me step by step

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

ManjeetDhariwal, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Bitlocker with TPM on external ssd install

Query related to using BitLocker and TPM on PC

Hi Robin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest towards BitLocker and TPM on Windows 10.

We do have a dedicated forum where you should be able to find answers to all your queries related to BitLocker and TPM. Let me help you in pointing towards the right direction, I
    would suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals with expertise on BitLocker and TPM to assist you with your query.

Articles for reference:

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker with TPM on external ssd install

1. Bitlocker with TPM on external ssd install - Similar Threads - Bitlocker TPM external

2. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  3. Bitlocker and TPM-Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker and TPM-Security: Questions about bit-locker and TPM-security for latest windows 10 version 1909 and up or lower. I’m looking on the web some answer confuse more then it resolves anything. and i want something to easely fall back for myself and other people 1 Do you require to clear...
  4. Clean Install on an External SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Install on an External SSD: I’m wanting to do a full wipe of my PC and this time have Windows be installed on my external SSD. Is this smart? Should I just have Windows install on my default HDD? If it’s fine, how can I direct Windows to reinstall onto my external SSD when I go through resetting...
  5. BitLocker - Clearing the TPM before Re-Install?

BitLocker - Clearing the TPM before Re-Install?: I have BitLocker enabled on my internal SSD drive with TPM and PIN protection. If I decide to reinstall Windows, do I need to Clear the TPM before doing so? 140818
  6. BitLocker asked to unlock external SSD, but is TPM protected, help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker asked to unlock external SSD, but is TPM protected, help!: Good evening, My Asus Zenbook UX430 UA crashed, and before I send it out for repairs (from what I see, the motherboard is kaput), I wanted to retrieve confidential documents from my SSD. I put it in an external drive caddy, which I connected to my spare laptop, an old...
  7. BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen

BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen: I simply love the BitLocker functionality. I've always used it and still using for my Intel laptop without TPM, but with a small change in Group Policy to skip TPM and use a password on every boot... and it simply working. Hovewer, now I've a AMD PC with Ryzen 1700x onboard....
  8. BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen: I simply love the BitLocker functionality. I've always used it and still using for my Intel laptop without TPM, but with a small change in Group Policy to skip TPM and use a password on every boot... and it simply working. Hovewer, now I've a AMD PC with Ryzen 1700x onboard....
  9. Bitlocker with TPM

Bitlocker with TPM: Hi , I,m not sure if this is the right place to post this . Anyway , My query is about encryption on win10 pro . Previously I had a laptop with no TPM so I had to us the group policy editor to allow encryption to work , fine ,all was working and I had to type a password...
  10. Bitlocker without TPM help

Bitlocker without TPM help: Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt his drive. It has an ssd...