Windows 10: BitLocker Wizard Question.

Discus and support BitLocker Wizard Question. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to enable BitLocker encryption on a brand new Dell Latitude laptop, and I think I may be misunderstanding what BitLocker does.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert Huitt, Jun 25, 2020.

1. BitLocker Wizard Question.

Hello,

I'm trying to enable BitLocker encryption on a brand new Dell Latitude laptop, and I think I may be misunderstanding what BitLocker does. After navigating to BitLocker Manager, and selecting 'Enable BitLocker' for the C: drive, it asks me where I would like to save the recovery key to, and that's it! It does not ask me to submit a password for the drive. I did some research and found that if the computer does not have 'TPM', it will prevent the BitLocker Wizard from functioning correctly. I checked on this, and verified that this laptop does indeed have TPM version 2.0 and meets the rest of the specifications required that are outline in the official documentation from Microsoft. I scrolled through this article and found that it clearly states: "Upon passing the initial configuration, users are required to enter a password for the volume." I was not given that option. Can somebody help me out? I feel like I'm missing something here, but I can't for the life of me, figure out what it is.

Thank you!

:)

Robert Huitt, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

BitLocker Wizard Question.

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker Wizard Question.

1. BitLocker Wizard Question. - Similar Threads - BitLocker Wizard Question

2. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  3. BitLocker Question..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Question..: So I bought a brand new ASUS laptop from Best Buy. It worked fine for a while then all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I took it to best buy to make a warranty claim. They were supposed to send it to ASUS, but instead sent it to Geek Squad. A week later I got the...
  4. Task Wizard Scheduling question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Wizard Scheduling question: Hi everybody I have set up a scheduled task to shut down my computer every day in the middle of the night while on a Skype call with a significant other. I was wondering, does that damage my laptop in any way because the skype call is still ongoing when the command executes...
  5. Bitlocker question

Bitlocker question: I have Windows 10 Pro on one computer. Can I encrypt/decrypt different hard drives (with separate installations) interchangably using the same device? submitted by /u/kfucgsojfjdjfjjf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2zg7q/bitlocker_question/
  6. Bitlocker question

Bitlocker question: Im thinking to setup Bitlocker but Im not sure of a few things. I understand if I setup auto unlock with TPM and the drive was removed and connected to a different computer it will not auto unlock. But what if the entire computer was stolen or something? In such case is the...
  7. BitLocker questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker questions: I saved my BitLocker recovery key to my USB flash drive and it has the usual Recovery TXT file, but when I unhide the System files in File Explorer, it shows also the BEK file which is a hidden file. I got a new USB flash drive and need to transfer all the data from my...
  8. BitLocker Question

BitLocker Question: Hello, I understand BitLocker encrypts the data on your hard drive. My questions is: ig someone hack's your laptop will they be able to access your files/data? A scenario would be when using the laptop over public wi-fi WITH a quality VPN enabled. BitLocker appears to...
  9. BitLocker questions

BitLocker questions: Hi, sorry for my poor English. I just realised that my HDD was Encrypted with BitLocker and I did not knew that. Rather I had no Key to access files in case of a failure were I could not boot any longer. How do I access my Data in case I can not Boot the PC and I have...
  10. BitLocker questions

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker questions: I'm thinking of using BitLocker, but I need to know a few things first. 1. I use two partitions, one for the OS (and installed programs) and another for Documents. 2. I know that I'll have to format the OS drive and re-install Windows at some point in the future...