Windows 10: Bitlocker won’t accept key

Discus and support Bitlocker won’t accept key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My issue is the same as the individual below. Can someone help me? Thank you for replying. Those links were helpful in understanding how to enable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidJohnson59, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Bitlocker won’t accept key

My issue is the same as the individual below. Can someone help me?

Thank you for replying. Those links were helpful in understanding how to enable bit-locker and how to go through the recovery key process but it did not tell me what to do when the recovery key generated by that process does not work when I type it in. I have no idea why the recovery key that gets generated does not work when I type it into the PC. One clue as to why it might not work is that the Key ID that this PC shows does not match the Key ID that the online recovery web page shows. I would have expected the Key ID's to match. This leads me to believe that it might be generating a recovery key for some other computer and not the one that I'm having the problem on.

I only have one Microsoft Online ID to log in with so logging in with a different Microsoft online ID is not an option.

Does anyone know if the Key ID shown on the PC and the Key ID shown on the recovery page should match? And even more importantly, if they don't match, what to do?????

:)

DavidJohnson59, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Bitlocker won’t accept key

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker won’t accept key

1. Bitlocker won’t accept key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker won’t accept

2. Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?: I cant load the bitlocker keys on any device to recover files on my laptop. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-bitlocker-keys-load/287cbc3c-3fe3-4318-bcee-63ccdce6d3e8
  3. Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t my bitlocker keys load?: I cant load the bitlocker keys on any device to recover files on my laptop. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-bitlocker-keys-load/287cbc3c-3fe3-4318-bcee-63ccdce6d3e8
  4. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key: Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my...
  5. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key: Hi, I have an external hard drive. It keeps asking me the recovery key, I already inserted the 48 digits but it says it’s incorrect, and that’s the only key I have on my notes that they gave me a while ago. I have tried many methods such as Cme prompt, but I can’t unlock my...
  6. Bitlocker won’t work even with a recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?: I have an HP X360 laptop 1 year old and I installed Windows 11 worked fine for like a week or 2. After my laptop running the automatic updates, it crashed/froze; after trying to restart it the Bitlocker recovery screen appeared, I enter the correct Bitlocker recovery key I...
  8. Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?

Bitlocker Not Accepting the BitLocker Recovery Key, What To Do?: I have an HP X360 laptop 1 year old and I installed Windows 11 worked fine for like a week or 2. After my laptop running the automatic updates, it crashed/froze; after trying to restart it the Bitlocker recovery screen appeared, I enter the correct Bitlocker recovery key I...
  9. Bitlocker key won’t work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key won’t work: Turned on dell laptop yesterday to a blue screen asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Accesses my microsoft account which identifies my Dell. Click on the manage bitlocker icon and taken to a page with two bitlocker keys but neither of these appear to be for the Dell despite...
  10. Reinstalled windows 10 won’t accept product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled windows 10 won’t accept product key: Hi guys, after a fault with an installation of parallels Om my Mac I had to reinstall my legal copy of windows10 home. After installation completed when I attempted to register the product I was told I have an illegal copy and it won’t recognise the product key. Has anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i override a bitlocker that wont accept the right key

2. win10 will not accept bitlocker recovery key

3. my lenovo laptop wont accept my bitlock code