Windows 10: bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives

Discus and support bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; bitlocker will not encrypt my d drive I have no idea why this is but I want all of my droves encrypted I have tried formatting the drive with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by leo1477, Dec 2, 2018.

1. leo1477 Win User

bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives

bitlocker will not encrypt my d drive
    I have no idea why this is
    but I want all of my droves encrypted

I have tried formatting the drive with a windows installation usb because I thought that my screw up earlier was the cause of it
    (I accidently installed windows to my d drive, turned out the bootloader for my current windows was on there for some reason and I formatted it and reinstalled windows on the correct drive)

I have no idea why bitlocker will not work on it, anyone know how to fix this?
    I have left a screenshot of the disk management tool and the bitlocker window
    the one highlighted and circled is the one that's causing me the problem
    and yes i am running windows 10 pro

bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives [​IMG]

bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives [​IMG]

:)

leo1477, Dec 2, 2018

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives - Similar Threads - bitlocker won't encrypt

2. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  3. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  4. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  6. BitLocker Encrypted Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Encrypted Drive: Hi Microsoft! I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad that ran a Windows 10 OS. Unfortunately, the OS has been corrupted and that left me unable to access my work files on the SSD Drive. The laptop vendor had enabled the bitlocker on the drive, however, I had no copy of the recovery...
  7. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Bitlocker Drive Encryption: Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already encrypted via...
  8. BitLocker Drive Encryption

BitLocker Drive Encryption: When I was trying to encrypt my external hard ( ADATA SH93 USB DEVICE ) and after I got the recovery key, I couldn't continue with BitLocker Drive Encryption. Now I can’t open my external hard, anymore, I tried several times, I changed also the computer but I can’t do...
  9. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives

in Windows 10 Support
    bitlocker won't encrypt one of my drives: bitlocker will not encrypt my d drive I have no idea why this is but I want all of my droves encrypted I have tried formatting the drive with a windows installation usb because I thought that my screw up earlier was the cause of it (I accidently installed windows to my d...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker wont encrypt usb

2. bitlocker wont encrypt

3. bitlocker wont encrypt my d drive

4. bitlocker wont encrypt on single drive