Windows 10: Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account

Discus and support Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I have seen old posts about this issue but nothing really recent about it. I have two computers that I just did a clean install of win 10 pro. My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PBlake2, Jul 29, 2020.

1. PBlake2 Win User

Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account

So I have seen old posts about this issue but nothing really recent about it. I have two computers that I just did a clean install of win 10 pro. My only account I have on the computers is a microsoft account and I have verified myself on the account with microsoft. I have logged into my account online and have verified the computers are showing up under my devices. So what happens is when I go to bitlocker and start to set it up I choice the option to save the key to my microsoft account which has worked in the past on other computers I have. When I do this on either computer I get the message it can't save to the microsoft account. Is there something I am missing because in the past it just worked?

:)

PBlake2, Jul 29, 2020

2. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Arno Win User
    How to save my BitLocker recovery key to my personal Microsoft account, when there is a domain account connected?

I want to encrypt some personal hard drives with BitLocker on Windows 10, and save the recovery keys to my personal Microsoft account, which is the one I connect to Windows with.

The problem is that I have also connected my university's domain account, and BitLocker will only let me save the key to this uni account : the "Save to Microsoft account" option in the BitLocker setup window has been replaced with "Save to your cloud domain account", and when I select this, the key doesn't appear in my Microsoft account's recovery keys list, which I assume means that the key has been sent to my uni's network instead.

These keys are for personal drives and I want to save them to my personal account. I don't want to remove the domain account entirely as it's convenient. How can I choose which account to save the BitLocker recovery keys to ?

4. maloo78 Win User

No bitlocker key save to logged-in microsoft account

No problem. I have searched around a little more, but I am afraid the option to backup the key to the account is either broken or has been partially removed. Just my theory.

You could use the feedback app and search for "Bitlocker save" and vote to support one (or all) of the complaints listed there - like this we give Microsoft direct feedback.

maloo78, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker won't save

2. At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account: I am the first user. At the first use of the computer the bitlocker was not stored by default to my Microsoft account. I cannot access my hard drive now. I need Miscrosoft to provide me with the bitlockerThank you...
  3. At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At first use, the bitlocker was not saved to my Microsoft account: I am the first user. At the first use of the computer the bitlocker was not stored by default to my Microsoft account. I cannot access my hard drive now. I need Miscrosoft to provide me with the bitlockerThank you...
  4. Bitlocker won't save to Microsoft account but I am signed in to a verified Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker won't save to Microsoft account but I am signed in to a verified Microsoft account: When I try to save the bitlocker key to my Microsoft account I get the message that Bitlocker can't save to my account and I need to log in with a Microsoft account. It's like the computer thinks I'm logged in with a local account, but I'm not. Also, this PC does show as a...
  5. Bitlocker won't save to Microsoft account but I am signed in to a verified Microsoft account

Bitlocker won't save to Microsoft account but I am signed in to a verified Microsoft account: When I try to save the bitlocker key to my Microsoft account I get the message that Bitlocker can't save to my account and I need to log in with a Microsoft account. It's like the computer thinks I'm logged in with a local account, but I'm not. Also, this PC does show as a...
  6. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  7. bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.

bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft account.: Bitlocker is not letting me save key on microsoft it is asking me to save on some other account which i don't have.what should i do then? btw i'm using windows 11....
  8. Bitlocker: Can't save to your Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: Can't save to your Microsoft account: I had Bitlocker activated on my HP Elitebook with the factory SSD installed. The key was stored in my MS-account. No issue at all.I recently upgraded the SSD and therefore reinstalled the OS. When I now try to enable Bitlocker, the OS reports an error trying to save to my...
  9. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...
  10. Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account: With a bit of future planning, a rarity for me, I decided to back up my Bitlocker key. However when I select "Save to your Microsoft account" through the Control Panel app, i receive an error Can't save to your Microsoft account". I have plenty of space on Onedrive, and...