Windows 10: BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode

Discus and support BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I need some assistance with Windows 10, please. 1. When I suspend BitLocker it won't allow me boot into safe mode and asks for pass key / recovery... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dennis L3, May 25, 2024.

1. Dennis L3 Win User

BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode

Hi. I need some assistance with Windows 10, please. 1. When I suspend BitLocker it won't allow me boot into safe mode and asks for pass key / recovery key anyway. 2. When I disable BitLocker completely and and try to boot into safe mode it says access is denied at all. 3. I decrypted and re-encrypted it again and have this "whatever" key saved. Now the question is will it allow me to boot into safe mode and "return" back from it? Can it see my new key at all? I verified it in my command prompt like this: manage-bde -protectors -get C: It shows me the ID and the password key. However,

:)

Dennis L3, May 25, 2024
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 25, 2024
  3. cereberus Win User
    BitLocker blocks Safe Mode

Well, it is supposed to do that. See this article for a solution. BitLocker not allowing me to reboot in Safe Mode - Windows 10 Support (bleepingcomputer.com)

cereberus, May 25, 2024
  4. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 25, 2024
Thema:

1. BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode - Similar Threads - BitLocker won't suspend

2. BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode: Hi. I need some assistance with Windows 10, please. 1. When I suspend BitLocker it won't allow me boot into safe mode and asks for pass key / recovery key anyway. 2. When I disable BitLocker completely and and try to boot into safe mode it says access is denied at all. 3. I...
  3. BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker won't suspend / boot into safe mode: Hi. I need some assistance with Windows 10, please. 1. When I suspend BitLocker it won't allow me boot into safe mode and asks for pass key / recovery key anyway. 2. When I disable BitLocker completely and and try to boot into safe mode it says access is denied at all. 3. I...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  5. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  6. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode

Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode: Hello, i recently went on a trip and when i arrived back my pc booted but then proceeded to not show any desktop icons and continusly switch between the normal curser and the loading curser. After wating for about 3min i restarted my pc. This time it got stuck on the windows...
  8. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.: I've recently encountered a problem. When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not reach the log in screen. then it restarts. After my laptop restarts it would run an automatic repair. It would say its...
  9. Windows 10 Pro boot to safe mode with BitLocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro boot to safe mode with BitLocker: Hello. I've been breaking my head for a few days and still can't come up with anything. We use BitLocker on all of our Dell laptops. We had one user who told me he received a BSOD (critical process died) and brought it into me. I have the BitLocker recovery key and the user's...
  10. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/