Windows 10: BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I tried to find the answer but I can't find anything that fits what happened here. I am running Windows 10 on a Surfacebook (1st gen),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulHolmes1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

Hi all,

I tried to find the answer but I can't find anything that fits what happened here.

I am running Windows 10 on a Surfacebook (1st gen), 256gb, i5

A few months ago I started getting prompts about using BitLocker on startup and I kept hitting "skip drive" (not sure if this is relevant) and it would run Win10 normally.

Two days ago, it asked to install Windows updates, I hit "OK". The update ran, then rebooted the machine.

Now, when I turn the computer on, I get the blue screen asking for keyboard layout, then the blue screen with only three options: use a device, troubleshoot, turn off pc.

In the troubleshoot menu, I have six options:

System Restore -> asks for bitlocker key, then says I have to restart and choose an operating system, but restarting just brings me to the select keyboard layout, then the screen with the three options, etc.

Go back to previous version -> says there was a problem and I can't go back

System image recovery -> I don't have an image :/

Startup Repair -> fails

Command prompt

UEFI Settings

So then I tried to "use a device" since I have a USB with Win10 on it.

It asks which version, then language, etc., then either install or repair. Repair brings me back to the menu with the three options, but troubleshoot allows me to reset or go to advanced options. Resetting asks for bitlocker key, but it won't accept the bitlocker key. If you hit skip drive it says the drive partition is missing and it can't reset.

If I try to just clean reinstall it either won't let me install as custom because all the drives are locked with bitlocker and it won't accept the recovery key (all drives show as locked) OR it won't install as "upgrade" because that needs to be started from the existing windows (which won't run).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I feel like I am missing...something somewhere and I can't get back to it or something.

Thank you,

-Paul

:)

PaulHolmes1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Sep 12, 2019
  4. tops Win User

BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thema:

BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

1. BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BitLocker won't unlock

2. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  3. Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?: I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop.My D drive is Bitlocker protected.If I reinstall Windows 10, would the Bitlocker protected drive will be unprotected or unlocked?...
  4. Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?: I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop.My D drive is Bitlocker protected.If I reinstall Windows 10, would the Bitlocker protected drive will be unprotected or unlocked?...
  5. Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Unlocking Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking Bitlocker: Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that that data and apps are separate. If I do partition should I locked both drives after or is bitlocker only for the system drive?...
  7. Bitlocker unlock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker unlock: Who [IMG]to unlock drive c and lock drive c. Unlock bitloker plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-unlock/7a7981f8-ea23-4c86-88be-230c9e2838d2
  8. Bitlock unlock?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432
  9. Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10: So I have a few folders that I have encrypted with BitLocker which are on a secondary drive. I encrypted those folders using Windows 10 Enterprise and I have the key for it, but I can't seem to find out how to unlock it using my Windows 10 Home. I can't use any of those files...
  10. Bitlocker won't unlock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker won't unlock: I have a Lenovo 100s. Windows 10. I turned it on today, and it's locked with Bitlocker. I don't know where it came from or how this happened. I am the only one who uses this laptop. It just appeared. I did not activate this, nor did I ask for this headache. I figured out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows key w wont open command bitlocker