Windows 10: BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I tried to find the answer but I can't find anything that fits what happened here. I am running Windows 10 on a Surfacebook (1st gen),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulHolmes1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

Hi all,

I tried to find the answer but I can't find anything that fits what happened here.

I am running Windows 10 on a Surfacebook (1st gen), 256gb, i5

A few months ago I started getting prompts about using BitLocker on startup and I kept hitting "skip drive" (not sure if this is relevant) and it would run Win10 normally.

Two days ago, it asked to install Windows updates, I hit "OK". The update ran, then rebooted the machine.

Now, when I turn the computer on, I get the blue screen asking for keyboard layout, then the blue screen with only three options: use a device, troubleshoot, turn off pc.

In the troubleshoot menu, I have six options:

System Restore -> asks for bitlocker key, then says I have to restart and choose an operating system, but restarting just brings me to the select keyboard layout, then the screen with the three options, etc.

Go back to previous version -> says there was a problem and I can't go back

System image recovery -> I don't have an image :/

Startup Repair -> fails

Command prompt

UEFI Settings

So then I tried to "use a device" since I have a USB with Win10 on it.

It asks which version, then language, etc., then either install or repair. Repair brings me back to the menu with the three options, but troubleshoot allows me to reset or go to advanced options. Resetting asks for bitlocker key, but it won't accept the bitlocker key. If you hit skip drive it says the drive partition is missing and it can't reset.

If I try to just clean reinstall it either won't let me install as custom because all the drives are locked with bitlocker and it won't accept the recovery key (all drives show as locked) OR it won't install as "upgrade" because that needs to be started from the existing windows (which won't run).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I feel like I am missing...something somewhere and I can't get back to it or something.

Thank you,

-Paul

:)

PaulHolmes1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Sep 12, 2019
  4. tops Win User

BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thema:

BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10

1. BitLocker won't unlock, can't start/reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BitLocker won't unlock

2. Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10: So I have a few folders that I have encrypted with BitLocker which are on a secondary drive. I encrypted those folders using Windows 10 Enterprise and I have the key for it, but I can't seem to find out how to unlock it using my Windows 10 Home. I can't use any of those files...
  3. Unlock an eternal drive bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlock an eternal drive bitlocker: I have an eternal drive that has never had a bit locker issue. I connected it to my laptop computer, which now indicates that the drive is locked and I need a password to unlock. This apparently is a bitlocker issue. I understand this is a Microsoft issue, not a hardware...
  4. Bitlocker won't unlock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker won't unlock: I have a Lenovo 100s. Windows 10. I turned it on today, and it's locked with Bitlocker. I don't know where it came from or how this happened. I am the only one who uses this laptop. It just appeared. I did not activate this, nor did I ask for this headache. I figured out...
  5. there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive: hello i reset my bios setting then i re enter the internal drive (g) to open iitit as i save my documents inside but i think i forget my password or the reset bios mybe do some thing to my pass because i was not use my pc scince 1 year so i forget what is the problem *Sad i...
  6. there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

in Windows 10 Support
    there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive: hello i reset my bios setting then i re enter the internal drive (g) to open iitit as i save my documents inside but i think i forget my password or the reset bios mybe do some thing to my pass because i was not use my pc scince 1 year so i forget what is the problem *Sad i...
  7. Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses: I'm not even sure how to title this. I just did a fresh install of Window 10. I do not have a TPM so I setup Require additional authentication at startup. I set up my C: drive with my bitlocker password and rebooted. When it comes to entering my bitlocker password, I...
  8. Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working

Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working: I have 2 storage hdd encrypted w/ bitlocker, in addition to the encrypted OS volume C:. I activated auto unlock expecting the storage volumes to automatically unlock with the unlocking of C: (I enter the psw during boot since I don't have TPM). However they stay locked...
  9. BitLocker won't turn on; system can't find file (Windows 10 Pro).

BitLocker won't turn on; system can't find file (Windows 10 Pro).: I have a hybrid drive with three partitions. I want to encrypt the two non-system partitions. One is working, and one isn't. Pre-encryption, this is the set-up: [img] The E drive is currently in the process of encrypting, apparently without any problem. But while...
  10. Bitlocker password 256 characters breaks unlocking

Bitlocker password 256 characters breaks unlocking: Hello I've run into a little problem with bitlocker password length. Somewhere I read that you can use up to 256 characters for the recovery password so I generated such a password via keepass. The bitlocker UI obviously had no problem with this. After restarting the system...