Windows 10: Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive

Discus and support Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running W10 pro, 19041. I have had to do a fresh install of W10 and since then I cannot switch bitlocker on on the D: drive. The disk is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by surfer10k, Oct 16, 2020.

1. surfer10k Win User

Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive

I am running W10 pro, 19041.

I have had to do a fresh install of W10 and since then I cannot switch bitlocker on on the D: drive.

The disk is not even shown on the Bitlocker Drive encryption settings page.

The C: drive has bitlocker enabled and is encrypted.

Have been looking in the group policy settings but have not been able to resolve it.

any help would be appreciated.

:)

surfer10k, Oct 16, 2020
  2. rda62 Win User

How to enable Bitlocker for Fixed Drives?

Hi All,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Bitlocker (without TPM) is enabled and working for Removable drives, as well as the OS Drive.

I have an additional 2TB internal SATA drive that Bitlocker does not see. I do not get the option to enable Bitlocker, in the right click context menu for the drive.

If I go to Manage Bitlocker, the drive is not listed as a fixed data drive. It's not listed at all.

There is nothing wrong with the drive itself. In its current unencrypted state, I have data stored on it, and can access, read and write to all of the drives contents.

I've checked through the bitlocker group policy options, and I've googled this to death. Any help, short of a format/reload would be greatly appreciated.

rda62, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Quisquose Win User
    Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive

Hi

I've just replaced my laptop. Both old and new had / have two fixed drives - C drive with the OS one and then a second fixed local drive (mapped as K) that I want to use for backups.

On my old laptop I had Bitlocker full drive encryption working for both, using the instructions at
    How to Turn On or Off BitLocker for Fixed Data Drives in Windows 10
    and
    How to Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Drive in Windows 10

I've succesfully enabled full disk encryption on my new C drive (including setting PIN to unlock on boot), but when I try and turn Bitlocker on on my K drive I get this error message:

Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive [​IMG]

I've tried searching here and elsewhere but haven't managed to find anything that matches my issue exactly. If it helps my old laptop didn't have a TPM module, but my new one does.

Hope someone can help me, please.

Many thanks

Quisquose, Oct 16, 2020
  4. BGN_1975 Win User

Fixed Drive Detected as Removable in Bitlocker

My system has 2 data drives in addition to the boot drive which is SSD. While windows detects both drives as fixed drives Bitlocker reports one of the drives as removable and so I cannot set it to auto-unlock. Any suggestions on how to change this behavior
    and make Bitlocker report correctly?

BGN_1975, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker working on OS drive, not on second drive fixed data drive - Similar Threads - Bitlocker working drive

2. Bitlocker data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker data drive: when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-drive/5a37edf3-82bd-4652-906c-6595b74731f7
  3. Bitlocker data drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker data drive: when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-drive/5a37edf3-82bd-4652-906c-6595b74731f7
  4. Bitlocker data drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Directing data to a second drive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Directing data to a second drive ?: To direct data to a second drive I thought you opened File Explorer > This PC > then right clicked (for example) Music > Properties and changed the Location. However I can also open File Explorer > This PC > then left click Documents which displays Music along with other the...
  6. Directing data to a second drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directing data to a second drive ?: To direct data to a second drive I thought you opened File Explorer > This PC > then right clicked (for example) Music > Properties and changed the Location. However I can also open File Explorer > This PC > then left click Documents which displays Music along with other the...
  7. Turn on bitlocker for data drive

Turn on bitlocker for data drive: Hi I have an issue with enabling bitlocker on the d:\ drive of my laptop System : DELL - Inspiron 15 5593 Windows 10 Pro 16 gb RAM 512gb System SSD 1 Tb Data SSD I have successfully set up bitlocker on the OS drive with Require TPM and Require PIN using gpedit.msc...
  8. Directing data to a second drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directing data to a second drive: I have a laptop running windows 10 pro, which has a 260g ssd and a 1t hard drive. All programs and data reside on the SSD., which is nearly full. How do I direct data to the other drive? Thanks in advance....
  9. Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive

Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive: Hi I've just replaced my laptop. Both old and new had / have two fixed drives - C drive with the OS one and then a second fixed local drive (mapped as K) that I want to use for backups. On my old laptop I had Bitlocker full drive encryption working for both, using the...
  10. BitLocker Drive OS Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Drive OS Install: Hi all. The computer is not booting up.. I tried crashing it in WinRE .. some how microsoft did it again and now my drive is Bit Locker Encypted Asking bit locker key for every repair option. I got the keys from Ms account. When trying to run SystemRestore, Startup...