Windows 10: Bitlocker

Discus and support Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've recently sold a Lenovo c940 with Windows 10 home. The buyer contacted me after a month and asked for my bitlocker recovery key 'as it is needed to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John-PaulRautio, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Bitlocker

I've recently sold a Lenovo c940 with Windows 10 home. The buyer contacted me after a month and asked for my bitlocker recovery key 'as it is needed to do a factory reset'

I wiped my drive using Windows 10 recovery tool. i slightly regret not taking the drive out as a safety precaution, as i have done with previous laptops.

I've never heard of a bitlocker recovery key, does this sound like a legitimate request?

Would sharing this key allow him to access any of my data that was on the drive before i wiped it?

:)

John-PaulRautio, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Bitlocker

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker

1. Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Bitlocker

2. Cannot Unlock BitLocker via Control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Unlock BitLocker via Control Panel: Hello,Initially, I was able to access a BitLocker enabled hard drive by entering the key that I had from the initial encryption of the hard drive. After a reboot of my laptop I started to have issues with unlocking the hard drive.When I click on the hard drive I need access...
  3. Cannot Unlock BitLocker via Control Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Unlock BitLocker via Control Panel: Hello,Initially, I was able to access a BitLocker enabled hard drive by entering the key that I had from the initial encryption of the hard drive. After a reboot of my laptop I started to have issues with unlocking the hard drive.When I click on the hard drive I need access...
  4. Cannot Unlock BitLocker via Control Panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BitLocker and linked MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker and linked MS account: Hi,Is there any chance that Microsoft can help me to know the activated BitLocker is linked to which of my MS account? I have the identifier key and the name of my laptop. Thanks, Samira...
  6. BitLocker and linked MS account

BitLocker and linked MS account: Hi,Is there any chance that Microsoft can help me to know the activated BitLocker is linked to which of my MS account? I have the identifier key and the name of my laptop. Thanks, Samira...
  7. BitLocker and linked MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a blown-out motherboard, and I am unable to access the hard drive by using an SSD enclosure and connecting it to my desktop, as BitLocker is activated. I have two Microsoft IDs that are linked to the laptop as devices, and they are the only...
  9. Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...

Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a blown-out motherboard, and I am unable to access the hard drive by using an SSD enclosure and connecting it to my desktop, as BitLocker is activated. I have two Microsoft IDs that are linked to the laptop as devices, and they are the only...
  10. Find BitLocker recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find BitLocker recovery Key: We never set up BitLocker on our HP laptop - I believe it was set up by the manufacturer when we they sent it to us. So we did not know that BitLocker was activated or that it existed. Now we've had some hardware issues on the machine so that it won't start up and the repair...