Windows 10: Bitlocker

Discus and support Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i have a question about my security info, I need to get my bitlocker recovery key but i approached a security info change and have to wait 30 days.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by collin lor, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Bitlocker

Hi, i have a question about my security info, I need to get my bitlocker recovery key but i approached a security info change and have to wait 30 days. i waited 30 days now and it wont let me through to the bitlocker code. I changed my phone number and Microsoft said that i need a verification code, but i cant get one because i changed my phone number and the old phone number doesnt exist anymore. Someone please help !

:)

collin lor, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Bitlocker

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker

1. Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Bitlocker

2. bitlocker key recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key recovery: hello i can't access to my bitlocker key using the microsoft account. can i have help to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-recovery/b1043c1e-90f8-4f8c-bd5f-574945b6fc41
  3. bitlocker key recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker key recovery: hello i can't access to my bitlocker key using the microsoft account. can i have help to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-recovery/b1043c1e-90f8-4f8c-bd5f-574945b6fc41
  4. Bitlocker Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Keys: Where to find this if not here?Also not in Azure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-keys/9f4f94c2-07dd-4440-97c9-e8e19bd115f9
  5. Bitlocker Keys

Bitlocker Keys: Where to find this if not here?Also not in Azure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-keys/9f4f94c2-07dd-4440-97c9-e8e19bd115f9
  6. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  7. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  8. Bitlocker key screen vicious loop - troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key screen vicious loop - troubleshooting: HiI closed my notebook and opened it up to find a Bitlocker recovery key message. I entered the recovery key and got a message about attempting repair but I landed back on the recover key screen again. I've entered the key 5-6 times and the same thing happens.While I'd rather...
  9. Bitlocker key screen vicious loop - troubleshooting

Bitlocker key screen vicious loop - troubleshooting: HiI closed my notebook and opened it up to find a Bitlocker recovery key message. I entered the recovery key and got a message about attempting repair but I landed back on the recover key screen again. I've entered the key 5-6 times and the same thing happens.While I'd rather...
  10. Bitlocker key message troubleshooting

Bitlocker key message troubleshooting: HiI closed my notebook and opened it up to find a Bitlocker recovery key message. I didn't activate Bitlocker on this device so I have no key and there's no key listed in my Microsoft account. While I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows and other software I'm ok if that's...