Windows 10: Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password

Discus and support Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both a USB memory stick and USB external HD are bitlockered and work fine on other windows machines. On a new Lenovo ideapad 5 they mount and unmount... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jo_g_871, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Jo_g_871 Win User

Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password

Both a USB memory stick and USB external HD are bitlockered and work fine on other windows machines. On a new Lenovo ideapad 5 they mount and unmount repeatedly as soon as plugged in, looping through this so fast there's no hope of filling in the password. All Windows and Lenovo updates have been installed. USB drivers have been deleted and re-installed. Lenovo say it's a Windows problem as the ports work with other devices, and Microsoft seem to have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

:)

Jo_g_871, Mar 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 shutdown doesn't unmount despite......

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• How exactly you are trying to unmount the drive. Is it through Command prompt or from Disk management?

• What exactly happens when you try to unmount?

• Did you receive any error message while trying to unmount?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Please close all the Windows before trying the steps.

• Open Disk management.

• Right-click the mounted drive that you want to remove, and then click
      Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Remove, and then click Yes.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and check if that helps. I suggest you to reset the password using the login screen and check if that helps. Refer the section under
    Resetting recovery password from the following article on
    BitLocker recovery guide
    for steps to reset recovery password.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    , where you will find support from professional who are dedicated to handle issue related to Bit locker.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 16, 2021
  4. MarkS.1 Win User

Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password

Bitlocker VHD not mounting

When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message:

Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume

When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker password. But now there is no password prompt and I get the latter error.

How do I get this vhd to mount?

MarkS.1, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlockered drive repeatedly mounts and unmounts, so quickly there's no time to enter password - Similar Threads - Bitlockered drive repeatedly

2. Trouble entering bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble entering bitlocker password: I have bitlocker set up on my boot drive Windows 10. I haven't used my machine for 2 weeks due to a move. Now when I try to enter the password, every keystroke generates ~ 10 of the same character. Tried a new keyboard - same thing. No way to enter the proper password. How...
  3. Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11: I have mounted Bitlocker Drive using FTK Imager. When I using windows 10, we can unlock Bitlocker Drive by entering 48 key in windows explorer. However, I utilized windows 11, no option to input recovery key. I have already tried using manage-bde in CMD and UnlockBitlocker in...
  4. Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mounting Bitlocker Drive in Windows 11: I have mounted Bitlocker Drive using FTK Imager. When I using windows 10, we can unlock Bitlocker Drive by entering 48 key in windows explorer. However, I utilized windows 11, no option to input recovery key. I have already tried using manage-bde in CMD and UnlockBitlocker in...
  5. USB wifi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB wifi adapter mounting/unmounting: I'm having issue with my adapter it will notify me that it's connected and I will be connected to the internet as well. However, it keeps mounting and unmounting deliberately and connection is not stable. My PC only getting small amount of mb connection. What to do?...
  6. USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB WiFi adapter mounting/unmounting: Hi all, The problem I'm encountering is my Wifi adapter isn't connecting to the internet reliably. It started happening out of nowhere. I bought a new one but still the same issue - every couple of minutes the computer makes the "chime" as if I'm plugging and unplugging the...
  7. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. My desktop shortcurts point to D:\myPortableProgsPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  8. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. So many of my desktop shortcurts point to D:\myAppPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  9. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.: Hello, I'm having trouble to acess a driver that was locked with the Bitlocker. When I enter the password or the recovery key the drive disconnect of the computer. If I enter a worng password it still connected, but of course I can't reach my archives. you guys know what I...
  10. Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.: Hello, I'm having trouble to acess a driver that was locked with the Bitlocker. When I enter the password or the recovery code the drive disconect of the computer. If I enter a worng password it still conected, but of course I can't reach my archives. you guys know what I...