Windows 10: Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10

Discus and support Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 Windows 10 1803 build 17134.858 Realtek HD Audio (SST) driver version 6.0.1.8122 Audio Codec ALC255 The option of 44.1kHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DamianDavis, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10

Acer Aspire 3 A315-51

Windows 10 1803 build 17134.858

Realtek HD Audio (SST) driver version 6.0.1.8122

Audio Codec ALC255

The option of 44.1kHz bitrate (default format) in Stereo Mix is greyed out in the properties of the above system. It is available for the Microphone and Speakers, so it is clearly capable of running at that rate, indeed it defaults to 48kHz.

Options available for the Microphone are 2-channel 16 bit 44.1khz and 2-channel 16 bit 48kHz

Options available for the Speakers are 16 bit 44.1kHz and 48 kHz, and 24 bit 44.1khz and 48 kHz.

The Stereo Mix ("What U Hear") is set to 2-channel 16 bit 48kHz and the drop down box is greyed out, no ability to change it.

I've tried different drivers for the Realtek HD Audio with no luck, and would like to use 44.1 for some third party software, where lots of settings default to that.

Is there something I'm missing, or is it an insurmountable limitation of the Realtek system?

* Original title: Bitrate greyed out in sound properties

:)

DamianDavis, Jun 24, 2019
  2. PMinerYT Win User

No sound windows 10 after update, cant change bitrate

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1, and the sound doesn't work. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled drivers from both windows update, and the manufacturer. This computer is an Acer switch 10 SW5-012. Also, as states in the title, I can't change
    the bitrate. It is grayed out. Please help ungraying the input box where the bitrate is, as many online sources, many even on this community, have suggested to lower the bitrate. Any and all help is appreciated.

PMinerYT, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10

Music streaming bitrate fixed

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want the bitrate frequency to dynamically adapt and change, I suggest you to please

send your feedback to Microsoft
    with any suggestion you have with this feature, which will help us improve Windows 10 for all the users who have the same requirement as you do. However, to get a better sound output, you
    can also enable the sound enhancement from the same speaker property.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10

1. Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bitrate greyed sound

2. Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11: Recently bought a new pair of headphones so wanted to try out the dolby atmos but the spatial sound option has been greyed out in settings. Moreover, if I try to select windows sonic or dolby atmos in headphones settings, the option automatically switches to "Off". Kindly...
  3. Properties of System reserved partition greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties of System reserved partition greyed out: Hello, I'm trying to see the properties of system reserved partition in disk management, but it is grayed out. I need to determine whether the SRP is GPT or MBR partition style. Could anyone help?...
  4. Spatial Sound greyed out :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound greyed out :: Ehh recently I tried other laptops it had Dolby atmos so it felt way better to have those Then I heard about something called windows sonic for headphones and it gave surround sound experience so I thought I would give it a try but it is greyed out...
  5. Audio bitrate greyed out, stuck at 48000 hz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio bitrate greyed out, stuck at 48000 hz: [ATTACH] I've noticed that a few people have this same issue, but upon looking it up no one has the exact same issue I have, so I'm posting here. https://preview.redd.it/n5vh12wr8x451.png?width=368&format=png&auto=webp&s=d8f21b9d9a311410109deed6625b1c3bb353528c The...
  6. System Partition 'Properties' greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Partition 'Properties' greyed out: My System Partition is full (68MB/68MB). I was planning to follow the directions that Microsoft provides to clear it, but the very first step of clicking on Properties isn't possible, because it's greyed out. The only option available is "Help". How do I get around this...
  7. Change Icon Button Greyed Out in Properties Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Icon Button Greyed Out in Properties Window: Hi Guys, 1. Does anyone know how I can turn the 'Change Icon' button in the Properties Window on? It was greyed out upon installation of the programme so my guess is it was intentional. [img] 2. And I do not understand why the Target Location is blank too, unlike other...
  8. Bitrate greyed out in sound properties

Bitrate greyed out in sound properties: Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 Windows 10 1803 build 17134.858 Realtek HD Audio (SST) driver version 6.0.1.8122 Audio Codec ALC255 The option of 44.1kHz bitrate (default format) in Stereo Mix is greyed out in the properties of the above system. It is available for the Microphone...
  9. Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out: for some time now i have been having this problem that is not having spatial sound although i connected my headphones and dolby access does not see my headphones and even sonic headphones for windows does not work too so and in the playback device section when i choose my...
  10. how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10

how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10: How to restore printer properties in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-printer-properties-greyed-out/3bcf8fee-76d7-4744-b10f-00c48f7643cc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to change windows 10 blutooth microphone audio bitrate?

2. target bitrate greyed out obs

3. how to change microphone properties default format is greyed out

4. audio quality dropdown greyed out,
  5. windows audio quality greyed out,
  6. windows 10 change audio fromat grey,
  7. default format greyed out,
  8. sound default format greyed out,
  9. bitrate greyed out realtek windows 10,
  10. option to change bitrate greyed out obs,
  11. greyed out audio properties windows 10