Windows 10: BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device

Discus and support BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, The last few weeks I get a lot every 28 seconds this warning: "BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ronnoo, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Ronnoo Win User

BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device

Hi,

The last few weeks I get a lot every 28 seconds this warning:

"BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot. Error code: 0x80072F78."

Can someone tell me what this is and how I can fix it.

W10 Pro,

version 1909,

build 18363,752

Kind regards,

Ron

:)

Ronnoo, Apr 3, 2020
  2. csmdew Win User

update KB3194496 : new error 10 in event log. AppReadiness/Admin

Works, happy but this just came back; can anyone tell me how to get rid of this for good, thanks: BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. ID 16393

csmdew, Apr 3, 2020
  3. DonnDon Win User
    Gateway 504 error

Hello sunshineBAY,

My name is Don, Windows 10 Independent Advisor. Let me try and help you out with your issue with webmail.

A Gateway 504 error usually has something to do with servers not being able to communicate with each other. Since this error is usually a network error between servers on the internet or an issue with an actual server, the problem probably is not with your
    computer, device, or internet connection.

However, you could try the steps below to try and resolve the issue:

1. Refresh the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button. You can also try pressing F5, or try the URL from the address bar again.

2. You can try to restart all of your network devices. There could be a temporary problem with your modem, router, switches, or other networking hardware that may be causing the 504 Gateway Timeout issue. A simple restart of the devices can help solve the issue.

3. Check your firewall or antivirus software to see if it is included or is allowed for access on your network. If there has been a recent update on your firewall/antivirus it might be one cause of the issue. Double checking the settings is a good idea to further
    isolate the issue.

4. If nothing has worked after those steps then perhaps there simply might just be a system maintenance on the webmail server. Contacting the website is probably the next best thing to do. There's a big chance that the administrators are already trying to fix
    the issue but its worth the try checking with them.

If none of these steps helped solve the issue, let us know so we can get others to suggest a possible solution.

DonnDon, Apr 3, 2020
  4. cognus Win User

How resolve error 16393, BITS Error code: 0x80004005 I'net Gateway?

anyone run this one before?
    I am not currently using a WIFI device.

Error 16393
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client
    Date: 12/8/2015 3:05:05 PM
    Event ID: 16393
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: AllenTown
    Description:
    BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot. Error code: 0x80004005.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client" Guid="{EF1CC15B-46C1-414E-BB95-E76B077BD51E}" />
    <EventID>16393</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-12-08T21:05:05.441501000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>650</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="844" ThreadID="1104" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>AllenTown</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="ErrorCode">2147500037</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

cognus, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device - Similar Threads - BITS has encountered

2. Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified: Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-has-encountered-an-error-a-device-which/ca52cdfb-2ee2-4eeb-b9e7-cb9b7d7d738c
  3. Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified: Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-has-encountered-an-error-a-device-which/ca52cdfb-2ee2-4eeb-b9e7-cb9b7d7d738c
  4. Diskpart has encountered an error: a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Diskpart has encountered an error, The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 News
    Diskpart has encountered an error, The parameter is incorrect: [ATTACH]Diskpart is a powerful utility from Microsoft that lets users manage their computer’s internal drive and external drives connected to their computers. You can use Diskpart to create partitions on your disk, format your disk or a disk partition, etc. Some users are...
  6. TranslucentTB has encountered an error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TranslucentTB has encountered an error.: Hey guys so i downloaded TranslucentTB from the Microsoft store and every time i start my pc the app is not working. I have to manually start it up.When i open the task manager then go to the startup tab and on status its disabled no matter how much times i turn it to...
  7. PC has encountered an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has encountered an error: Recently I have started getting a message at various times - including just moving the mouse to open a site. It requires a restart of windows. Anyone know what causes this and if there is a fix? Thank you...
  8. Programs not communicating with internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not communicating with internet: Hello, ive just purchased my first mobile wifi to my home and its speed is reaching good heights and its working perfectly for all my devices but my pc, im using an eternhet cable and im also writing this rn on my pc beacuse its actually working on most websites but my games...
  9. (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close: Norton Identity Protection 'spins' when trying to get my password from the cloud. Norton says it's a Windows problem... I am trying to allow Norton to access my system remotely. I get the following error; "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm...
  10. (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 Support
    (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close: Norton Identity Protection 'spins' when trying to get my password from the cloud. Norton says it's a Windows problem... I am trying to allow Norton to access my system remotely. I get the following error; "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bits has encountered an error communicating with an internet gateway device

2. BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly

3. BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot. Error code: 0x80072EE2.

4. bits error communicating internet gateway