Windows 10: Bits service not working

Discus and support Bits service not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Most of my windows services are working, I looked into it the only one not working is bits. And I have 2 different bit services and 2 different window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hayden Butler, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Bits service not working

Most of my windows services are working, I looked into it the only one not working is bits. And I have 2 different bit services and 2 different window update services. One of my window update services work the other one doesn't. And as for bits both dont work. One is missing files and one has error 1053. Same for my windows update one works and one has error 1083

:)

Hayden Butler, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Pait Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

The "troubleshooting steps" that you have linked to does not address my concern.

My problem is that the BIT-service can
    start at any moment and directly impact performance while I am engaged in
    performance-sensitive usage.

I understand that I can manually disable this service every time I reboot my computer, but I believe my Operating System should
    work for me and not vice-versa.

Here are the types of solutions I am looking for:

• Automatically suspend the BIT-service when Game Mode is activated.
    • Allow BIT-service to have a network usage limit (like 50 Kbps)
    • Allow BIT-service to be scheduled (between 2am - 8am)
    • Disable BIT-service unless the user has requested a Windows Update

Is there a "set it and forget it" solution to preventing the BIT-service from affecting my performance that will persist through reboots?

Pait, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Jan Del Win User

Bits service not working

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Bits service not working

1. Bits service not working - Similar Threads - Bits service working

2. Bits service not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bits service not working: Most of my windows services are working, I looked into it the only one not working is bits. And I have 2 different bit services and 2 different window update services. One of my window update services work the other one doesn't. And as for bits both dont work. One is missing...
  3. Bits service not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bits service not working: Most of my windows services are working, I looked into it the only one not working is bits. And I have 2 different bit services and 2 different window update services. One of my window update services work the other one doesn't. And as for bits both dont work. One is missing...
  4. Problem with BITS service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with BITS service: I took a screen shot on my phone of the error after running diagnostics but do not know how to transfer on to my pc. So this is exactly what is displayed. Service Status Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started....
  5. Problem with BITS service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with BITS service: I took a screen shot on my phone of the error after running diagnostics but do not know how to transfer on to my pc. So this is exactly what is displayed. Service Status Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started....
  6. BITS Service not Starting.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BITS Service not Starting.: I've had this problem for a few months now and anything I saw online didn't work. I needed to download something off the Microsoft Store and I got an error code 0x800700B7 that led back to the BITS Service. I looked at services.msc and saw that the BITS Service wasn't...
  7. BITS Service not Starting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS Service not Starting.: I've had this problem for a few months now and anything I saw online didn't work. I needed to download something off the Microsoft Store and I got an error code 0x800700B7 that led back to the BITS Service. I looked at services.msc and saw that the BITS Service wasn't...
  8. BITS service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BITS service: I checked my event viewers to check on some application error until I recently found something new. This is a first time i ever had this issue. I ran sfc/ scannow and the DISM commands and it hasn't found any issues. According to this time, this occurred right before I shut...
  9. BITS service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BITS service: Hey... I check whole pc but there is no update is running but my whole internet data is automatically used. When I checked the task manager it show BITS service is using that data.But if no update is running then what is happening....PLz help to solve this...
  10. bits service

in Windows 10 Customization
    bits service: hello can someone advize me of services stopping by itself, and how to keep it on?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/bits-service/68c23d20-37c5-4d5a-94b6-3c9fd3b13d7a