Windows 10: BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.

Discus and support BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I have noticed my cpu fan ramping up while my PC was idle. Usually i don't check this stuff since i know that windows performs virus scans and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BoKiller420, May 10, 2022.

1. BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.

Hello,I have noticed my cpu fan ramping up while my PC was idle. Usually i don't check this stuff since i know that windows performs virus scans and defragments hard-drives while the user is away, but this time i checked. I noticed that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS was running in tandem with BackgroundDownload.exe Visual Studio update. The odd thing about this was that the processes were drawing cpu cycles, yet they didn't download a thing. I checked glasswire and noticed that they only transferred about 660kb of traffic.I also checked ProcessExplorer and noticed that t

:)

BoKiller420, May 10, 2022
  2. Ege. Win User

windows 10.exe high cpu usage

hey

yesterday i found that my cpu usage is so high and windows 10.exe is responsible for it. it uses %60 cpu constantly and when i try to execute, it starts again automatically. i tried windows deffender to scan but it couldnt find any malware etc. also when
    i diconnected from internet and killed windows 10.exe from task manager it is not coming back.

i hope you can find a sollution.

thank you inadvance

ps: i am using windows 10 64 bit.

3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, May 10, 2022
  4. ConiGL Win User

BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.

ConiGL, May 10, 2022
Thema:

BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.

1. BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything. - Similar Threads - BITS using 10%

2. Computer BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when running anything alongside a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when running anything alongside a game.: I tend to multitask when playing games meaning I often have a discord call running or I am watching youtube, however for these past few months I have been getting blue screened anytime I have something heavier running. Example: I play Baldur's Gate 3, it works okay for the...
  3. My pc won't download anything as 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't download anything as 64 bit: My pc won't stop installing things as 32 bit even though it's 64 based system I download games and other softwares but they all download as 32 but I downloaded this one game that had a 64 bit update so it stopped supporting its 32 bit version my software stayed as 32 bit and...
  4. My pc won't download anything as 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't download anything as 64 bit: My pc won't stop installing things as 32 bit even though it's 64 based system I download games and other softwares but they all download as 32 but I downloaded this one game that had a 64 bit update so it stopped supporting its 32 bit version my software stayed as 32 bit and...
  5. My pc won't download anything as 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Random processes use a bit of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random processes use a bit of CPU: My computer ever since I got it has gotten louder, and whenever I check my CPU while playing games it's around 40% to 20% but even when my computer is idle it is using random processes to slowly make my computer slower sometimes even spiking to 100% CPUI've done many virus...
  7. Random processes use a bit of CPU

Random processes use a bit of CPU: My computer ever since I got it has gotten louder, and whenever I check my CPU while playing games it's around 40% to 20% but even when my computer is idle it is using random processes to slowly make my computer slower sometimes even spiking to 100% CPUI've done many virus...
  8. BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.: Hello,I have noticed my cpu fan ramping up while my PC was idle. Usually i don't check this stuff since i know that windows performs virus scans and defragments hard-drives while the user is away, but this time i checked. I noticed that the Background Intelligent Transfer...
  9. BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.

BITS using 10% cpu alongside BackgroundDownload.exe. Not downloading anything.: Hello,I have noticed my cpu fan ramping up while my PC was idle. Usually i don't check this stuff since i know that windows performs virus scans and defragments hard-drives while the user is away, but this time i checked. I noticed that the Background Intelligent Transfer...
  10. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...