Windows 10: BITS will not start error 2147023828

Discus and support BITS will not start error 2147023828 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to update y newly installed copy of WIN10 for the last week due to the fact that I cannot open most windows apps including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kris13craif, Oct 21, 2015.

1. BITS will not start error 2147023828

Hi,
    I have been trying to update y newly installed copy of WIN10 for the last week due to the fact that I cannot open most windows apps including the store and the XBOX app. I have tried everything I could find online to fix it and have gotten to what I believe to be the root of the problem, but I cannot find a solution.

When i try try to update, it just hangs at 0% until Update gives me the error code 0x80248007 for all the updates I am trying to install. I did some digging and found out this is due to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) not starting. All the processes BITS depends on are working and running and every time I try to start it in windows services I get the error code 2147023828 and it never starts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really like Windows 10 and would like to update it so that maybe all the bugs I am experiencing will be resolved

*******SOLVED********
    "Good news! I found that the Network Location Awareness and Network List services were stopped. After starting them, BITS was able to run. So you were right, the network list errors were involved. Is it safe to say that at least one of those services should be included in BITS' dependencies list?In any case, Windows Update is finally working again. Thank you so much for your attentive help.
    Cheers."

:)

Kris13craif, Oct 21, 2015

2. TH1 Core 10240 - Error 0x80246008

When I went into properties of the BITS service , it was already stopped so I decided to click start and an error popped up saying " Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service on Local Computer. For more information, review the
    System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the server vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -2147023828

JaredAlicea, Oct 21, 2015
  3. BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) wont start error code 2147023828

Windows 10 will not update, and windows defender wont update drivers, I tried to fix this by starting BITS but I get error code 2147023828 every time. I checked to see if BITS dependencies were running and they were but BITS still wont start. My network
    connection says that I am not connected to a network but my internet is working. I Have looked online and tried several solutions for this problem but none have worked so far.

kyleentwistle, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

BITS will not start error 2147023828

1. BITS will not start error 2147023828 - Similar Threads - BITS start error

2. BITS service when start error code 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS service when start error code 2: So I tried to download an app on microsoft store but when I donwloaded it, it has error code 0x80246008, then I realised the updating of other apps didnt work so I ran the update troubleshooter but it was stuck at starting BITS for a long time, then I went to sevices and...
  3. BITS service when start error code 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BITS service when start error code 2: So I tried to download an app on microsoft store but when I donwloaded it, it has error code 0x80246008, then I realised the updating of other apps didnt work so I ran the update troubleshooter but it was stuck at starting BITS for a long time, then I went to sevices and...
  4. Bits Doesn't Start The Backround Intelligent Service error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bits Doesn't Start The Backround Intelligent Service error: Recently my laptop has been extremely slow, so i went to check what it was. Turns out it was a Windows Update.So, I tried out a lot of things to see what was wrong. When i tried troubleshooting all it said it was a "Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt". Then after...
  5. Bits Doesn't Start The Backround Intelligent Service error

Bits Doesn't Start The Backround Intelligent Service error: Recently my laptop has been extremely slow, so i went to check what it was. Turns out it was a Windows Update.So, I tried out a lot of things to see what was wrong. When i tried troubleshooting all it said it was a "Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt". Then after...
  6. Bits Doesn't Start The Backround Intelligent Service error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BITS Service not Starting.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BITS Service not Starting.: I've had this problem for a few months now and anything I saw online didn't work. I needed to download something off the Microsoft Store and I got an error code 0x800700B7 that led back to the BITS Service. I looked at services.msc and saw that the BITS Service wasn't...
  8. BITS Service not Starting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS Service not Starting.: I've had this problem for a few months now and anything I saw online didn't work. I needed to download something off the Microsoft Store and I got an error code 0x800700B7 that led back to the BITS Service. I looked at services.msc and saw that the BITS Service wasn't...
  9. BITS Service not Starting.

10. Windows 10 PC 64 bit Start Up Error Message

Windows 10 PC 64 bit Start Up Error Message: Each time I restart my computer, I receive the following error message X C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2103.17603…Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the itemI have not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 2147023828