Windows 10: BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

Discus and support BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otasumi, Dec 2, 2017.

1. otasumi Win User

BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was an old conversation. I'd like help with that, but im guessing i need to start a new thread? (though i'm not sure how to lol)

I would like to note that my computer and coding knowledge is barely above that of a pebble, so please be patient with me!

:)

otasumi, Dec 2, 2017

2. maybe virus issues,also microsoft edge dissappeared,and unable to reset my pc.Help.

oh my god stressing here.i am hoping some kind being can guide me through as of the last few days I was having issues with two lap tops one I think has a virus as a pop up keeps showing BITSADMIN version 3.0 bitsadmin is depreciated etc and shows up every
    hour,now am having issues with other lap top Microsoft edge has disappeared and i am unable to reset it or restore etc can anyone please help with all my problems???

sornebathory-bvwyt, Dec 2, 2017
  3. ChrisseM Win User
    I accidently installed a false Flash Player pop-up now I can't access into the internt on my microsoft edge. PLEASE HELP?!!

I just downloaded AdwCleaner and it did the trick, before the was this pop-up that keeps popping up every 2-3 minutes which caused my whole computer to become all grey and it would not allow me to click anything. I had to click the X button more than a
    dozen time until it pops up again and I got this toolbar just popped up and I couldn't find a way to delete it but AdwCleaner did the trick. However small ads still pops up on the corner of my screen which I don't know how to get ride of. I will try the ad
    removal and see how it goes.

Thank you for your helpful advice. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question :)

ChrisseM, Dec 2, 2017
  4. otasumi Win User

Ok so my situation is a little complicated, I first had this problem with my BitsAdmin popping up randomly when my computer would restart and I found a thread adressing this problem and went ahead and typed in

Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers | select -ExpandProperty FileList | Select -ExpandProperty RemoteName

into the Windows powershell (because that's what people over there all did) and nothing popped up, which was a good thing (?)

Then I used this command
    @echo off
    net stop BITS
    ipconfig /flushdns
    del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat"
    del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat"
    net start BITS

net stop wuauserv
    net start wuauserv

into the Command Prompt and then I ran into my problem, i think i must have pasted it twice on accident because it shows me this:

BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question [​IMG]

BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question [​IMG]

sorry, you might have to open that in a new tab
    the second screenshot comes under the first one and ends with, The Windows Update service was started successfully. but it's cut out from the picture.
    Ok, i'm guessing that's ok? If nothing is wrong with that, I was wondering if the whole BitsAdmin popping up thing was resolved with this.

If everything is ok and I didn't horribly break something, my other problem is with after using AdwCleaner, these popped up as problems, what should I do with them?

***** [ Folders ] *****PUP.Optional.Solvusoft, C:\Program Files\SolvusoftPUP.Optional.Solvusoft, C:\Program Files (x86)\SolvusoftPUP.Optional.FileViewPro, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\FileViewProPUP.Optional.FileViewPro, C:\Program Files\FileViewPro

***** [ Registry ] *****PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\61F70108E2BCBA24BAD9C61145D0A5B8PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Features\61F70108E2BCBA24BAD9C61145D0A5B8PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\61F70108E2BCBA24BAD9C61145D0A5B8PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlu s, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\castplatform.comPUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\cdn.castplatform.comPUP.Optional.Solvusoft, [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-904384748-1876739964-3342303857-1001\Software\SolvusoftPUP.Optional.Solvusoft, [Key] - HKCU\Software\Solvusoft

otasumi, Dec 2, 2017
  5. Yes.

Ignore them. Malwarebytes is touchy, when it comes to cleaning apps. It is a false positive.
    Though SlimCleaner has not been updated for some time, you might consider something else.

TairikuOkami, Dec 2, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hello, @otasumi. Welcome to Windows TenForums. It's good to see you've joined. *Smile

I see you found your way to post a new thread.

Tony K, Dec 2, 2017
  7. otasumi Win User
    Ah thank you for the help and yes i found my way around posting a thread!
    I'm glad i didn't break something in the command prompt, but do you know if that code i put into the bitsadmin helped with the random popping up? also, what was that slimcleaner you were talking about? I tried looking it up and was blocked from going to the page malwarbytes saying it was dangerous.

otasumi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question - Similar Threads - BitsAdmin popping AdwCleaner

2. AdwCleaner folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AdwCleaner folder: I ran this a while ago but it did not uninstall and is in the C folder. Can I delete it ; it is not in add remove. 181542
  3. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question: I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would...
  4. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediatly disappears (take 2?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediatly disappears (take 2?): I hate to start naming people off here like an assembly line, but I find myself in the same situation as @tkrisz0403 in that my Command Prompt, accompanied by the exact same text as the former case, as seen in the first screen shot I provide which I managed to capture using...
  5. Bitsadmin pops up for just a second and vanishes.

Bitsadmin pops up for just a second and vanishes.: I manged to get a screenshot of it. Screenshot I have gone through and read one thread that looks as if I am having the exact problem as them, but I did not want to go off of someone else's problems even though they are very similar to mine. I have noticed that Superfly...
  6. cmd prompt pops up at first as bitsadmin then "windowsupdateservices"

cmd prompt pops up at first as bitsadmin then "windowsupdateservices": i dont know if this is a virus or not but sometimes a cmd prompt pops up as bitsadmin at the first like 1-3 secs then it becomes Windowsupdateservices and downloads some thing to my pc, i already hitmanpro my computer and all the things it downloaded was a threat, but even...
  7. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.: Bitsadmin window pops up in every hour/50 minutes and immediately disappear which is very annoying. I've run KasperskyTotal Security and Malwarebytes but they have not found the problem. I made a screenshot from the problem. Any help would be appreciated. [img] 51063
  8. cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin

cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin: Hi I recently got a new laptop and I think I might have downloaded a virus or spyware while downloading something else. The command prompt window randomly pops up and disappears within a split second. It doesn't seem to do anything when I'm in the desktop mode, but when I...
  9. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.: During the day a cmd window will pop up and immediately disappear without warning, kicking me out of fullscreen applications and being a general annoyance. I suspect something more sinister but Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware have failed to find the source...
  10. I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything: So I have Bitsadmin pop ups as I've seen mentioned in a few threads here. Everything seems to come back to trying Hydranix's Bitsadmin buster first but I can't even get the first step to work. I download it and it asks me if I want to let it make changes to the computer. I...