Windows 10: Biyearly reminder that Microsoft hasn't added proper hotkey support for swapping keyboard...

Discus and support Biyearly reminder that Microsoft hasn't added proper hotkey support for swapping keyboard... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BinaryDigit_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BinaryDigit_, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Biyearly reminder that Microsoft hasn't added proper hotkey support for swapping keyboard...

/u/BinaryDigit_, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

I have the same problem, and been present until the last three monthly updates. The keyboard has been working well before and after this updates the keyboard stop working when i press the hotkeys and is unresponsive for 15 keystrokes, after this 15 keystrokes
    the keyboard come to work again until you press hotkeys again. Mi keyboard was replaced and the new keyboard have the same issue. I try with another Windows 10 PCs and is the same issue. I try too with the drivers of manufacturer, the drivers directly of Intel
    and with the drivers installed for Windows 10 Device Manager.

When the keyboard was paired with the pc the keyboard works well and the hotkeys works fine, after some time or after a reboot the hotkeys stop working and stay in this state until the keyboard was removed and paired again.

In advance I tried with:
    Another PCs (3)

A variety of drivers

Another Designer Bluetooth Keyboard
    Talking with Microsoft Support

Cesar Armando, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Biyearly reminder that Microsoft hasn't added proper hotkey support for swapping keyboard...

Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

Hi Amos,

The problem that you're experiencing when utilizing the hotkeys on your Bluetooth keyboard can be related to either a hardware or software issue. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you use the Bluetooth troubleshooter to
    scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. You may follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
      Open Troubleshoot settings
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Biyearly reminder that Microsoft hasn't added proper hotkey support for swapping keyboard...

1. Biyearly reminder that Microsoft hasn't added proper hotkey support for swapping keyboard... - Similar Threads - Biyearly reminder Microsoft

2. Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.: Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.I have tried a number of different things and looked through the online answers and Googled online, but have had no luck. Please help!...
  3. Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.: Keyboard - @ and " are swapped.I have tried a number of different things and looked through the online answers and Googled online, but have had no luck. Please help!...
  4. Why hasn't Microsoft support contacted me?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why hasn't Microsoft support contacted me?: I opened a service ticket about 3 weeks ago, but can't get help... I need help with activating windows, I updated hardware and can't get my new key to work......
  5. Why hasn't Microsoft support contacted me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why hasn't Microsoft support contacted me?: I opened a service ticket about 3 weeks ago, but can't get help... I need help with activating windows, I updated hardware and can't get my new key to work......
  6. Why hasn't Microsoft support contacted me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support: Hi guys i have been having a problem installiung this one: Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support I already download it and install it, but it keeps coming back to the...
  8. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  9. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3050 Hotkeys

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3050 Hotkeys: I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard 3050. I have programmed the my favorite buttons (1-5) to open various files or folders. This only works intermittently sometimes switching to 'open items on task bar' function even though my settings in keyboard and mouse center are set to...
  10. Hotkeys not working properly.

Hotkeys not working properly.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...