Windows 10: Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar

Discus and support Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried searching for this issue, but it is very difficult to describe succinctly in a few words. If I move the cursor over an App icon in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidChilvers1, May 1, 2020.

1. Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar

I have tried searching for this issue, but it is very difficult to describe succinctly in a few words.

If I move the cursor over an App icon in the taskbar, where there is more than one app window open of that name, the mini windows pop-ups above the task bar and the user to make a selection of a particular app instance. I can move the cursor over the mini windows and the full window changes appropriately and in a timely way. So far so good.

As soon as I move the mouse cursor above the row mini windows into a main windows, the cursor stalls, jumps, or disappears completely. It can take a few seconds to recover. The issue is not CPU or RAM. I can see the CPU usage via ProcessExplorer.

The problem is repeatable every time displays the same problem independent of the app, file explorer, MS Word, Acrobat, Chrome, Firefox ... It is repeatable across reboots.

The details of the system are Windows 10 Home - 64bit Build 190318362.778 CPU i7-6700@3.4GHz, 16GB ram.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

David Chilvers

:)

DavidChilvers1, May 1, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, May 1, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, May 1, 2020
  4. Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar

Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar

1. Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar - Similar Threads - Bizarre behaviour very

2. Snip & Sketch cursor too very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch cursor too very slow: After updating window10 to version 2004 or App update, I don't remember. Snip cursor too very slow. It's very lag when move cursor. Did not set delay. Uninstall and reinstall app but same....
  3. Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour: In decades of using a Windows PC this is the weirdest behaviour I can ever recall. My wireless mouse cursor remains motionless when I use it in its normal position, on the right of my Logitech wireless keyboard. Regardless of surface and with fresh batteries in both the...
  4. Faulty Mouse Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faulty Mouse Behaviour: I have encountered a wierd issue, when i plug in my mouse to my laptop the windows turns buggy, i am unable to click some buttons or tabs close or open them.the problem gets fixed when i unplug the mouse and open task manager.I dont know whats the fix its hard to open task...
  5. Bizarre Battery Behaviour

Bizarre Battery Behaviour: Hi, Recently, I have been noticing that my laptop has had an alarmingly short battery life. Even on maximum performance, it had a decently long battery life, perhaps 1-2 hours. On maximum battery life, it had a life of about 7 hours, but I never really kept track or tested...
  6. Bizarre mouse/interface behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre mouse/interface behavior: This isn't happening right now, but it's happened three times in the past few days so I'm sure it will happen again soon. Occasionally, the interface and mouse will start behaving in very unusual ways that make navigation near impossible. I'm on a desktop, but I have a...
  7. Bizarre behaviour in Printer and Scanners

Bizarre behaviour in Printer and Scanners: I was having paper size issues with my networked HP LJ 4050 so re-installed the driver as Administrator. It installed readily and after some tray re-sizing (Letter to A4) and checking the duplexer was active, a test page and a few PDFs printed first time as expected. I...
  8. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and start menu very slow to open: Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview. Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000 Wondering if anyone else is...
  9. Mouse clicks acting bizarre

Mouse clicks acting bizarre: My Logitech M510, which is only a few months old, at most, has started acting odd. A lot of times, I would click something, and the system would react as if I clicked twice. And if I'm highlighting text, it jumps around, even though I'm holding down the button firmly but...
  10. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse jerky