Windows 10: Bizarre Font Installation problem

Discus and support Bizarre Font Installation problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey fam So some really bizarre shit is happening to me, and I'm at the end of my rope after basically none of my solutions, or the ones I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dhaubbs, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Bizarre Font Installation problem

Hey fam
    So some really bizarre shit is happening to me, and I'm at the end of my rope after basically none of my solutions, or the ones I was able to find online have worked. The type of problem I'm having is so niche I'm not even sure how to word it in Google to find the correct answer. This is the closest thread I could find, and nothing I've tried from here worked.

So I'm making a promo image for a client, and they sent over 2 font families they'd like me to use in it.
    I did what I usually do, just dragged those bad boys into the windows font folder and tried to get to work.
    However, when I got into photoshop, only one font from each family was showing up. I figured I just messed up, so I copied them all over again, and still nothing was working. I tried a myriad of uninstalling/reinstalling nonsense until I noticed something extra weird: Only the first font from each family that I installed was made available in any program I wanted to use it in.

For example: If I installed "Example_thin.otf, Example_regular.otf, and, Example_Heavy.otf" in that order, only Example_thin would show up. But if I started with Heavy, then the heavy font would show up. To make matters extra frustrating, the complete font family would show up in the control panel version of the font menu, but not in the Fonts folder. Windows is super convinced that all the fonts that aren't showing up are installed, but I just can't use them - even when I try to install the missing fonts again, I'll get the error message: "The font is already installed, do you want to replace it?"

Any ideas?

TL;DR - Trying to install 2 font families, but only the first font from each family that is installed is able to be used.

submitted by /u/Dhaubbs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dhaubbs, Jun 7, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10

I have two computers with Windows 10 installed (one an upgrade from Windows 7, the other an original Windows 10 installation)

A new project requires the following OpenType fonts in TheSerifBlack font family:

TheSerifBlack-Caps

TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic

TheSerifBlack-Italic

TheSerifBlack-Plain

While the fonts install using the usual procedure for font installation in Windows 10 (right click on the font and select "install" from the dropbox menu), only two of the four fonts are available in InDesign.
    Here are some additional facts that may help narrow down the source of the problem:

1. If I go to the Fonts (either through the Fonts Control Panel or in the actual fonts directory [C:\Windows\Fonts]) only two are displayed, in the following order in the Font List: TheSerifBlack-Caps,
    then TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic

2. If I delete the first (leftmost in the horizontal listing), *then* TheSerifBlack-Plain font appears and is available in InDesign (but the "-Caps" font is now gone in the Windows Fonts listing and is
    unavailable in InDesign). Similarly, if I delete the second (rightmost in the horizontal listing), *then* TheSerifBlack-Italic font appears and is available in InDesign (but the "-CapsItalic" font is gone form the Windows Fonts listing and is now unavailable
    in InDesign).

3. Oddly, if I use a TrueType version of the font, *the same thing happens*. This suggests that perhaps the problem is that something about the *name* of the fonts (screen names are the same for both OTF
    and TTF versions) conflicts with some other fonts in my system.

All available updates for Windows 10 are installed.

Also, the direct cut-and-paste method for installing the font in the Windows Font folder (something some Windows users suggest as a solution to missing-fonts in a typeface family problems like mine) does not
    solve the problem.

I am at a loss how to proceed. I hope someone out there has a solution and await word back.

Desperate in Boulder,

JazzboPotter, Jun 7, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Bizarre Font Installation problem

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Bizarre Font Installation problem

1. Bizarre Font Installation problem - Similar Threads - Bizarre Font Installation

2. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  3. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  4. Bizarre network connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre network connection problem: Hello everyone,I wonder if someone might be knowledgeable enough to advise me, please? Recently in the course of the last 10 days or so I've encountered a very bizarre network connectivity problem.Straight off: this problem has nothing to do with browsers. I've cleaned up...
  5. Bizarre network connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bizarre network connection problem: Hello everyone,I wonder if someone might be knowledgeable enough to advise me, please? Recently in the course of the last 10 days or so I've encountered a very bizarre network connectivity problem.Straight off: this problem has nothing to do with browsers. I've cleaned up...
  6. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bizarre driver problem: I'm sort of at the end of my rope trying to figure this one out so I'd appreciate any insight.Not too long ago my laptop's touchpad began clicking when tapped despite my having disabled that a long time ago. It was also active while my mouse was plugged in which was another...
  7. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre driver problem: I'm sort of at the end of my rope trying to figure this one out so I'd appreciate any insight.Not too long ago my laptop's touchpad began clicking when tapped despite my having disabled that a long time ago. It was also active while my mouse was plugged in which was another...
  8. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Bizarre font in new Edge!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bizarre font in new Edge!!: Edge has just automatically updated and it has changed some default text into an 'LCD' digital type font. For instance, the sentence above this post 'ASK A QUESTION' and the text of the buttons 'CANCEL' and 'SUBMIT' look like they have been stitched! It is not listed as...
  10. A bizarre problem

in Windows 10 Support
    A bizarre problem: I've had this problem for a while now. The buttons on my taskbar don't work. launching programs works fine, but opening the start menu, volume controller, wifi controller, search do nothing. no errors, no complaints, no freezing. Just. Nothing. Ive been making do with the run...