Windows 10: Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications.

Discus and support Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a very strange issue with my microphone. On local applications such as the windows recorder or Audacity, the mic quality is great, but on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karambadodo, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications.

I am having a very strange issue with my microphone. On local applications such as the windows recorder or Audacity, the mic quality is great, but on online recorders, online games, skype, the quality is terrible. More specifically, I am trying to play music trough the microphone, using the signal of my output and directing it to the input. I tested two programs, Soundpad and Voicemeeter with a virtual cable, and the issue is not related to the programs, since I experienced the same issue with both of them.My guess is that windows is messing up my microphone with some sort of filter or equal

:)

karambadodo, Sep 21, 2021

2. Application is using the microphone though default device is off

Since upgrade to 1903 I noticed the microphone icon is on in the taskbar. The default device mic (the webcam) is off. Skype is off too.
    Note that select icon that appear on Taskbar, camera, mic and skype are off. In previous version mic icon never showed up with this settings.
    Clicking on taskbar icon suggest that one application is using the mic. Thumbnail attached. Is this a new feature or a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Worked out what caused the icon to show. I disabled all sound apps but my camera microphone from recording, on control panel settings. No more Icon on taskbar telling me that one application is using the microphone.

Pulcinella, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Elixed Win User
    3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

Hello,

I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I try to record anything, silence is recorded. However it works perfectly fine on all native Windows apps and surprisingly
    League of Legends voice chat. Before the reset, everything worked perfectly on all applications. I have only one microphone device enabled (Realtek High Definition Audio) and it's my built-in microphone of my laptop. I've tried everything i found on the internet
    but nothing seems to work.

• I updated microphone drivers.
    • I allowed apps to access my microphone (in microphone privacy settings)
    • I installed all windows updates
    • I disabled all sound effects on the device.
    Is there anything else I could try?

Elixed, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Slater Win User

Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications.

Good Applications/Utilities

Check my recommended programs thread. But I haven't updated it in a while but it's still a good list.

Slater, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications.

1. Bizarre: Microphone sounds good in offline applications, but Terrible in online applications. - Similar Threads - Bizarre Microphone sounds

2. No Sound in an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sound in an application: I have a problem with sound. Using Windows Media Player - media comes through the Internal Speakers. Using MediaMonkey No Sound.. I have tried to change the Output used for both applications but no sound. My computer is set to default to internal speakers for all programs...
  3. Microphone not usable by applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone not usable by applications: My microphone activity shows in the Windows Sound Settings but is unusable by applications. [ATTACH] The privacy settings are enabled. [ATTACH] In multiple applications the device is selectable as Default or Microsoft Array. None are showing application usage of the...
  4. Microphone works but not in applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone works but not in applications: Hello, My microphone doesn't work properly for about a week now. Since then i followed several instructions and went over every setting i stumbled upon. In the Sound Settings the microphone looks just normal [ATTACH] but even in the Mic-Configuration Application there...
  5. Game bar, microphone sounds terrible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar, microphone sounds terrible: is there a fix for the terrible sounding microphone when using the game bar. it sounds like i use an cheap microphone from the 1950's, all raspy and afoul. using the same microphone with the same settings using a tc-heliocon goxlr usb audio interface on all other programs i...
  6. bizarre visual bug in applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bizarre visual bug in applications: Hi, my computer was working fine after the windows problem solver applied some random setting to try and fix my audio and it made my applications have these weird patterns all over can someone help me?[IMG]...
  7. applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ?: hi every one ... i noticed this app recently . idont know exactly how long it was there! is it safe ? or i need to remove it ? if so how to remove it properly ? i didnt notice any problem with it . just some times it uses some network data as seen in screen shots it the one...
  8. Applications without sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications without sounds: This Sunday, after updating to build 18908, I noticed that some applications have no more sound. For these apps the sound is crucial, without it you can't do anything: Subtitle Edit. And it happened right after the update....
  9. Using an application offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using an application offline: After the recent Windows 10 update, there is a problem using an application offline. The BBC provides a viewing platform call iPlayer and while an internet connection is necessary to download programmes, they could be watched anywhere without the need of an internet...
  10. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...