Windows 10: Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

Discus and support Bizarre search bug since 1909 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I realise 1909 has a few search issues but I've not seen anyone else have this exact bug so I'm not really expecting help (though it'd be really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Iluvya, Dec 1, 2019.

1. /u/Iluvya Win User

Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

I realise 1909 has a few search issues but I've not seen anyone else have this exact bug so I'm not really expecting help (though it'd be really appreciated), but I'm more sharing this in case others DO have the issue and this will let them know they're not alone..

If I use an explorer window's right-hand search within a folder for say *.mp3 and then after my results I back out afterwards, once the folder isn't at the forefront (i.e. I minimise it, alt-tab, or use the bottom right show desktop button), the *.mp3 search in that explorer window will repeat all by itself. It does this even if I back out the folder a few times or if I navigate entirely away from that folder i.e. it can sometimes then trigger an entire drive scan for mp3 files. Basically it means the explorer window is just always going to trigger a search once it's not at the forefront, no matter what I do with it.

I realise it's not system-breaking as I can close that window after searching, but this bug is really annoying me and I know it's not normal behaviour because it hasn't done this to me until this update. I'm not quite sure what to do about it but I'd appreciate recommendations.

To check them off - I've ran the search troubleshooter which found nothing, sfc /scannow and DISM didn't find any issues, I've disabled "Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box" via gpedit.msc and I've even ran MS's Reset Windows Search Box PowerShell script but to no avail.

Cheers.

submitted by /u/Iluvya
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Iluvya, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 1, 2019
  3. RickyGeu Win User
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

1. Bizarre search bug since 1909 update - Similar Threads - Bizarre search bug

2. Bizarre Windows 10 Calculator bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre Windows 10 Calculator bug: Windows Calculator opens fine. But when I click on a button, the black outline that highlights the button I clicked immediately scrolls to the far right and nothing enters the display window. Doesn't matter if I click on %, 1/x, 5, 0, etc. The black outline immediately shifts...
  3. Bizarre Windows 10 Calculator bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre Windows 10 Calculator bug: Windows Calculator opens fine. But when I click on a button, the black outline that highlights the button I clicked immediately scrolls to the far right and nothing enters the display window. Doesn't matter if I click on %, 1/x, 5, 0, etc. The black outline immediately shifts...
  4. Windows is not updating since version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not updating since version 1909: Windows is not updating. While trying to do update I have found all updates since version 1909 have failed. I've tried the update assistant which had downloaded the latest update and run it but it does not even show up in the update history... Dump of history below. Any help...
  5. [BUG] updated from 1909 to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] updated from 1909 to 2004: with version 1909 windows 10 home i was able to use "windows key + ctrl + s" to take a snapshot of my screen and the resulting picture would get send to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip" which...
  6. bizarre visual bug in applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bizarre visual bug in applications: Hi, my computer was working fine after the windows problem solver applied some random setting to try and fix my audio and it made my applications have these weird patterns all over can someone help me?[IMG]...
  7. Strange Visual Bugs since 1909

Strange Visual Bugs since 1909: [ATTACH] Since I've updated to the newest version of Windows 10 early December, I've been getting some very strange visual bugs/glitches. Namely in two places: Microsoft Office Apps (all of them, I've got 2019) and Waves Central. Both of those have no relation to each...
  8. version 1909 search problem [bugs]

version 1909 search problem [bugs]: I cannot click the file explorer search box. When i use shortcut (Ctrl+f), I can only type the first letter of a word in the file explorer search box, typing the next letter replaces the first one. I always have to restart my "Windows Explorer" from the Task Manager. Also,...
  9. Anyone with this bug ? The searchbar is printed twice since 1909...

Anyone with this bug ? The searchbar is printed twice since 1909...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eloiblt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e65f65/anyone_with_this_bug_the_searchbar_is_printed/
  10. Extremely bizarre Problem since update

Extremely bizarre Problem since update: To sum up my bizarre problem: I have a dedicated "recording" machine with an Intel Xeon and an older r9 280. Recording with OBS works fine I can even use the built in encoder in the r9 280. However since a normal Windows update I can't play back ANY video files. VLC will...