Windows 10: Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour

Discus and support Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In decades of using a Windows PC this is the weirdest behaviour I can ever recall. My wireless mouse cursor remains motionless when I use it in its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrypin, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Terrypin Win User

Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour

In decades of using a Windows PC this is the weirdest behaviour I can ever recall.

My wireless mouse cursor remains motionless when I use it in its normal position, on the right of my Logitech wireless keyboard. Regardless of surface and with fresh batteries in both the Anker Ergonomic mouse and the wireless KB. And after either a PC restart or power off.

However, I accidentally discovered that if I use it in a wide area on the LEFT of the keyboard the mouse works normally. Moving the little Logitech wireless control unit made no difference. A normal USB mouse works normally. Removing and replacing the USB dongle made no change.

Any suggestions on possible fixes would be appreciated please.

:)

Terrypin, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Iven 77 Win User

Bluetooth adding wireless mouse

• Followed advice from Windows chat on how to add a device to Aspire laptop (in this case a wireless mouse) through Bluetooth. When I get to screen to select a device the Logitech wireless mouse isn't on the list. Any suggestions of what to do next please?

Iven 77, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour - Similar Threads - Bizarre wireless mouse

2. Faulty Mouse Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faulty Mouse Behaviour: I have encountered a wierd issue, when i plug in my mouse to my laptop the windows turns buggy, i am unable to click some buttons or tabs close or open them.the problem gets fixed when i unplug the mouse and open task manager.I dont know whats the fix its hard to open task...
  3. Bizarre Battery Behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bizarre Battery Behaviour: Hi, Recently, I have been noticing that my laptop has had an alarmingly short battery life. Even on maximum performance, it had a decently long battery life, perhaps 1-2 hours. On maximum battery life, it had a life of about 7 hours, but I never really kept track or tested...
  4. Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre behaviour of very slow mouse cursor with taskbar: I have tried searching for this issue, but it is very difficult to describe succinctly in a few words. If I move the cursor over an App icon in the taskbar, where there is more than one app window open of that name, the mini windows pop-ups above the task bar and the user...
  5. Bizarre mouse/interface behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre mouse/interface behavior: This isn't happening right now, but it's happened three times in the past few days so I'm sure it will happen again soon. Occasionally, the interface and mouse will start behaving in very unusual ways that make navigation near impossible. I'm on a desktop, but I have a...
  6. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour: I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc. I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it...
  7. Bizarre behaviour in Printer and Scanners

Bizarre behaviour in Printer and Scanners: I was having paper size issues with my networked HP LJ 4050 so re-installed the driver as Administrator. It installed readily and after some tray re-sizing (Letter to A4) and checking the duplexer was active, a test page and a few PDFs printed first time as expected. I...
  8. Wireless mouse erratic behaviour after the latest update.

Wireless mouse erratic behaviour after the latest update.: My wireless mouse is jumping the lines and goes back from its position and skips lines on its own.This is something new that I am experiencing after the latest window update on my new Dell laptop with windows 10 in built....
  9. Mouse clicks acting bizarre

Mouse clicks acting bizarre: My Logitech M510, which is only a few months old, at most, has started acting odd. A lot of times, I would click something, and the system would react as if I clicked twice. And if I'm highlighting text, it jumps around, even though I'm holding down the button firmly but...
  10. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651