Windows 10: Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...

Discus and support Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whilst attempted to move files from a device to the computer via USB, I realised they were the wrong ones so aborted the process. This then caused the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leialouh, Feb 27, 2019.

1. leialouh Win User

Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...

Whilst attempted to move files from a device to the computer via USB, I realised they were the wrong ones so aborted the process. This then caused the computer to be come unresponsive and when using CTR ALT DEL to kill all programs it became unresponsive.

I forced shut down and rebooted and was met with a blue screen and a sad face. I left the computer to do what it needed to do, and it restarted. Then I was greeted with a Reconstructing Cache Metadata and then immediately after a black screen. The mouse moved a spinning wheel cursor and the computer sounds like it is doing something but isn't showing anything on screen.

I have tried to reboot it again about 5 times, once pressing the Windows key, another pressing F12 and I have also attempted to reboot into BIOS and nothing at all just the same "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" and black screen.

Very, very, very concerned as I need to be able to use this computer on a daily basis and I need every single file that is on it. This is the first time something like this has happened and I've only had the computer for about 6 months! It was a gift from my husband!

I cannot find any numbers to call and am unwilling to open to computer as I fear this may void warranty if there is one.

:)

leialouh, Feb 27, 2019

2. Reconstructing Cache Metadata

after an update to my iTunes and installation of iCloud, I was instructed to restart my computer. I did so using the "restart" button in windows 10. Nothing happened, except the appearance of a grey screen with a blinking cursor.

I turned off the power and turned it back on. When I did so, I got the message that "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadata. Please do not interrupt this process." and a list of various things that presumably are
    involved in doing so. (not sure what they are).

It has been a week. It is still "reconstructing Cache Metadata" or something. What is going on? How long is this supposed to take? When do I give up and try something else?

FamilyTalbot, Feb 27, 2019
  3. PateeMc Win User
    Endless boot loop, reconstructing cache metadata

A few days ago, I took a Windows update and when it rebooted the endless black screen started again. It's now been like this for a few days, I cannot get to a login screen to restore to a previous point.

The message reads:

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

PateeMc, Feb 27, 2019
  4. TGardiner Win User

Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...

Computer Stuck at Reconstructing Cache Metadata

Hello Microsoft support,

Yesterday at about 11:45 AM Eastern Standard Time I was playing a game called War Thunder while listening to music on Youtube, I tabbed out of War Thunder to change the music to a different playlist, and when I went to tab back into War Thunder it was black,
    and I could not do anything, so I hard restarted my computer, and I was expecting the Reconstructing Cache Metadata to appear, just not as long as it is now (before it was about 5 seconds before going away so I can log in)

I was on a phone call with Hewlett Packard as they are the company that supplied me with my PC. I have ran the built in extensive
    diagnostic test and everything came out normal, so we concluded that it is not a hardware issue and its a software issue, I have tried to access the startup menu but the only issues with that is that it boots up very quickly,
    so I might not even be able to do it, and if I did do it I would be stuck at that previous screen of Reconstructing Cache Metadata

TGardiner, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6... - Similar Threads - Black screen Reconstructing

2. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  3. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  4. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata": I am running windows 11 on my Asus vivobook s15 laptop, it has been working fine until 3 days ago when I tried to open my pc it started to show "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata" and sticks on that screen without doing anything. I...
  6. "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata": I am running windows 11 on my Asus vivobook s15 laptop, it has been working fine until 3 days ago when I tried to open my pc it started to show "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata" and sticks on that screen without doing anything. I...
  7. Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update: Hello, Hope all is well. I have a Black Screen on my ASUS laptop after forced shutdown during windows 10 update. Please advise. Thank you. J....
  8. Forced update then black screen after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update then black screen after: Hi everyone. I need help on my tablet. I was using it normally the other day when a a sudden pop up told me that i need to restart my computer, i declined and continued my work. After several minutes without any notification at all, my computer just restarted on its own and...
  9. Black screen with cursor after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor after shutdown: I recently started having the issue descried in the title, a black screen with the cursor, after I try to shutdown my computer. Any help? I have all the latest windows updates....
  10. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: Im stuck in an endless loop with this message. Any help would be appreciated. I have already tried shutting down three times and booting into recovery mode however it just brings me back here. I have run a full system diagnostics on it and everything came back good. [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconstructing cache metadata windows 10